Colin P

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just bought a Bronco Sport Badlands Edition on April 6th. I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee and I ended up having to drive to Atlanta to get a Badlands Edition. It only had 6 miles on it when I bought it. On the way home I noticed a vibrating noise coming from under the dash on the driver side. I did not think about it much since I was focused on the crazy Atlanta traffic on a Friday. But the more my wife and I drive it the more we notice it more and more and itā€™s getting annoying. I took it to the local Ford dealership to see if they could figure it out and the only thing they told me was that I would have to leave it with them so they could explore to see if they could find where the noise was coming from. Being that it only has 700 miles on it I really donā€™t want the dealership exploring and taking things apart at this time. The noise only seems to happen when I am slowing down to come to a stop or if Iā€™m in a parking lot driving at a low speed. The noise is pretty loud. Just want to know if anyone is have the same problem or may know what would be causing it.
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Sounds like it could be a loose heat shield.
If you can get under the BS take a screw driver with a had plastic handle and tap the handle against the various heat shields on the exhaust system.

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sounds like it could be a loose heat shield.
If you can get under the BS take a screw driver with a had plastic handle and tap the handle against the various heat shields on the exhaust system.
I second that it sounds like it could be the heat shield, I tore mine up and it made a bit of noise.

This post on my Insta "Buck vs Branch" shows the damage, the noise and the fix!
Hope that helps!

kman779

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just bought a Bronco Sport Badlands Edition on April 6th. I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee and I ended up having to drive to Atlanta to get a Badlands Edition. It only had 6 miles on it when I bought it. On the way home I noticed a vibrating noise coming from under the dash on the driver side. I did not think about it much since I was focused on the crazy Atlanta traffic on a Friday. But the more my wife and I drive it the more we notice it more and more and itā€™s getting annoying. I took it to the local Ford dealership to see if they could figure it out and the only thing they told me was that I would have to leave it with them so they could explore to see if they could find where the noise was coming from. Being that it only has 700 miles on it I really donā€™t want the dealership exploring and taking things apart at this time. The noise only seems to happen when I am slowing down to come to a stop or if Iā€™m in a parking lot driving at a low speed. The noise is pretty loud. Just want to know if anyone is have the same problem or may know what would be causing it.
Did you figure anything out on this? I have a strange vibration sound in the same area. To me, it sounds like a loose screw or something rattling in/under the defrost duct up near the windshield on the driver's side.

OP
OP

Colin P

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did you figure anything out on this? I have a strange vibration sound in the same area. To me, it sounds like a loose screw or something rattling in/under the defrost duct up near the windshield on the driver's side.

OP
OP

Colin P

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sounds like mine. I thought it could be a screw loose also but the more I hear it Iā€™m not so sure. I wonder if it could be coming from the coming from the thing that looks like a gear box thatā€™s connected to the steering column. Itā€™s to the left of the column. It only does it when you are slowing down to a stop or if we are driving really slow Lin a parking lot. Iā€™m going to try to video it and post it.

forty

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine is doing the same thing, same description. I actually thought it might be a loose screw free floating and bouncing around in maybe an air duct or within the turbo. I tried feeling around to see if I could identify a spot. Will check again tomorrow and get it to a dealer asap. Anyone have any solutions or dealer response yet?

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
I think this same noise is being discussed in the ā€œOn this episode of ā€˜is this noise normalā€™ā€ thread. There is a video with this noise posted there.

Appears to be happening with both the 2.0 and 1.5. That rules out the majority of drivetrain related causes. Yes there are few drivetrain shared components- transmission the same however calibrations likely different. Must be some other shared component between the BLs and the others. I do see the ā€˜gearboxā€™ appearing component to the left of the steering column thatā€™s being referred to. Whatever is causing it sounds like is coming from in or around the drivers side dash or the cowling in or around the windshield / wiper blade area.

Ours only does it at ~10 mph @ around 1500rpm.

We have a service appointment next week Friday to get it checked.

Last edited:

forty

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think this same noise is being discussed in the ā€œOn this episode of ā€˜is this noise normalā€™ā€ thread. There is a video with this noise posted there.

Appears to be happening with both the 2.0 and 1.5. That rules out the majority of drivetrain related causes. Yes there are few drivetrain shared components- transmission the same however calibrations likely different. Must be some other shared component between the BLs and the others. I do see the ā€˜gearboxā€™ appearing component to the left of the steering column thatā€™s being referred to. Whatever is causing it sounds like is coming from in or around the drivers side dash or the cowling in or around the windshield / wiper blade area.

Ours only does it at ~10 mph @ around 1500rpm.

We have a service appointment next week Friday to get it checked.
I can also hear it clearly at idle with the hood popped. I mentioned it sounded like a screw bouncing around in a plastic area, or maybe like marble bouncing around or something..

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same issue here (400mi BB)...though the noise is inconsistent. Sometimes it occurs (only at low speeds) and sometimes it doesn't. Have an appointment for it to be looked at for tomorrow, but I'm afraid they'll just tell me that they didn't hear anything and to wait for the next oil change to see if anything gets better.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Same issue here (400mi BB)...though the noise is inconsistent. Sometimes it occurs (only at low speeds) and sometimes it doesn't. Have an appointment for it to be looked at for tomorrow, but I'm afraid they'll just tell me that they didn't hear anything and to wait for the next oil change to see if anything gets better.
Offer (or insist on) a ride along with the tech or service writer to make sure they hear what you're hearing.
I think there are at least couple threads on this forum referring to the same noise.
Good luck! Report back with what you find out.

Last edited:

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Not sure if mine is exactly the same but I'll share.
Same location. Sounds like air that is stuck in a valve or fluid line.
After 1700 miles its better than it was but still happens "around" 2-3rd gear, low rpm, up and down shift. The harder I drive or take it off road, will make it a little worse.

I'm leaning towards transmission...?
Definitely will be watching

AxKnight

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
I have about 500 miles on mine and have the same noise coming from the driverā€™s side. It just started in the last day or so and usually happens while coasting/deceleration at low speeds. Please post any solutions if yā€™all figure this out. Feels like the dealership is gonna give me the run around unless I have something specific to point them to.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'll pay closer attention to mine, at 1500 miles now. My obvious vibration is the camera cover on the windshield, very annoying.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Sounds like mine. I thought it could be a screw loose also but the more I hear it Iā€™m not so sure. I wonder if it could be coming from the coming from the thing that looks like a gear box thatā€™s connected to the steering column. Itā€™s to the left of the column. It only does it when you are slowing down to a stop or if we are driving really slow Lin a parking lot. Iā€™m going to try to video it and post it.
I have that too in my BB, it may be the steering as i hear an almost similar sound from a rav4. (Geary pneumatic sounds)
Sponsored