Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got some time in the sport this holiday. Dual zone set at 72. Lowest fan speed, recirculating mode and dash vents. Driving highway speed and 65 out tonight. Recirculating light is lit but out of nowhere air just starts coming at you like it’s on high. Turn recirculate off then back on and it slows back down to normal fan speed. You can recreate this turning recirculate off then back on. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've never touch the manual controls because the salesman told me during the test drive that leaving it on auto and set the temp is best because the computer does everything for you. Tomorrow I will play around with it to see if I can get it to do like yours and will post back my results If I remember.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
IMHO, this is normal for most cars. Recirculation provides more air flow. My uneducated guess for this is because the fan is not fighting cabin pressure changes by not trying to force new air in into cabin. If you open a window you might see that change.

It also sounds like you kicked out out of auto climate control by setting the fan speed.

If you want auto climate control just click the the auto button and only adjust the temperature. I'm pretty sure if change anything but recirculation you kick it out of auto (and even that might do it).

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Got some time in the sport this holiday. Dual zone set at 72. Lowest fan speed, recirculating mode and dash vents. Driving highway speed and 65 out tonight. Recirculating light is lit but air just starts coming at you like it’s on high. Turn recirculate off the back on and it slows back down to normal fan speed. You can recreate this turning recirculate off then back on. Anyone else?
An HVAC guy said that in cars it is all about physics. There is less restrictions when recirculating is on. When recirculating is off, it is bringing in 100% outsideair which increases pressure the cab of the car. They call this blocked tight static pressure. The fan is working against pressure.

The recirculation is easier for the fan to move air and the amp draw drops therefore the fan is working less and thus can speed up a bit. A/C guy call this “motor slip”. The amp draw goes down and it is actually not working harder just because the sound is different. So why people say. It blows faster.

OP
OP

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You guys missed it. You’re driving down the highway and suddenly your hair is blowing inside your car for no reason. I was not clear enough in my description.
Was also outside air because temp came way down even though set temp stayed.

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
You guys missed it. Your driving down the highway and suddenly your hair is blowing inside your car for no reason. I was not clear enough in my description.
[/QUOTE

Hmmm, that is clearer and weird. I will see what if any of my folks I know have sent that before.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys missed it. You’re driving down the highway and suddenly your hair is blowing inside your car for no reason. I was not clear enough in my description.
Perhaps a temp sensor.

Did the air coming out of the vents blow cold or hot?

Did the Auto button stay lit?

OP
OP

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Perhaps a temp sensor.

Did the air coming out of the vents blow cold or hot?

Did the Auto button stay lit?
Auto stayed lit and it became colder like outdoor temp

OP
OP

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Almost like the damper for exterior air opened.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you just wash the car?

I've found that when I get mine washed, the outside air temp indication always drops to around 60 degrees or so for around 10 minutes, then goes back to what the outside temp really is.

rwltcowboy

Big Bend
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My Bronco Sport has the exact same issue. Cruising down the highway, A/C turned on, set on recirculating and on low fan speed, when out of nowhere it just starts blowing at high speed. The blower speed switch still showing to be on low speed. It goes back to normal after a few minutes, but it sure is strange.

OP
OP

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Bronco Sport has the exact same issue. Cruising down the highway, A/C turned on, set on recirculating and on low fan speed, when out of nowhere it just starts blowing at high speed. The blower speed switch still showing to be on low speed. It goes back to normal after a few minutes, but it sure is strange.
Taking mine in along with video of not being able to select XM radio at times.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taking mine in along with video of not being able to select XM radio at times.
Those two issues would make me think to look for loose or corroded connections and a bad ground.

Sounds crazy that such a new vehicle would have a corroded connection but we know there have been some at the ECU.

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
@Area51BS or @rwltcowboy or anyone else, did you solve this issue?

We took our brand new BS on a road trip this weekend and encountered the same or very similar. Blower on 1 or 2, recirculate on with AC temp set at 72 or 73. Auto on or off, didn’t seem to matter. On about 450 miles it did this around 8 times where the blower goes up very high and the air is ice cold. It stays this way for a couple minutes then goes back to normal. My outdoor air was ~85 so it wasn’t outside air coming in.
Sponsored