versaperry

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Hello everyone, to all the seniors,

I've been on this forum for a while. Recently, I've taken an interest in a used Bronco Sport Outer Banks with around 15,000 miles on it. As this is my first time buying a car in the United States, I would like to inquire about any other details I should be aware of apart from checking the Carfax report. Currently, there seems to be an issue indicated by NHTSA #22V859 and Recall #22S73. I'm wondering if there are any other important aspects to consider for safety or warranty issue. I know there are many experienced Bronco Sport enthusiasts here, so I'm seeking your advise. Thank you!
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you are purchasing from a Ford dealership then insist that all recall work be complete before any sale. If you are not purchasing from a Ford dealership then have the vehicle inspected by an independent mechanic, with special attention given to the water pump. Many 1.5L owners have experienced a water pump failure requiring replacement. As a quick and dirty check, you can pop open the hood and take a look at the coolant level. If it's low then the water pump is suspect.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If possible, request a complete maintenance history.

Depends on if this is a Ford dealership and if Ford did any of the service work and/or any warranty issues.

Carfax doesn't always have all the service work done on a vehicle.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's