VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
… do care about collecting a huge amount of dirt under there. I drive enough gravel that the dirt build up is significant.
Hmmm.... I'm going to just say it: Empire of Dirt (for you AvE fans)

Besides, where will you hide all the pea-gravel to keep your pursuers at-bay?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
You brought that up just to wind people up, didn’t you?
Wow, you are the pot calling the kettle black! It is hilarious that you would accuse somebody of winding people up! I will send you a mirror so that you can see who the rabble rouser is in this thread...

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far, Ive seen these points made on this blog for an engine cover
Sound deadening
Beautification
Protection from mud and dirt

So far Ive seen these points made for an engine cover not needed
exposed wires and sensitive electronics aren't a problem
who needs sound deadening
shampoo your engine if it gets muddy ...rinse ....repeat (cover the wires though or Ford wont cover the damage caused by wetting the coils, wires or electronics)
saves me 4 seconds when I want to access my sweet lil engine
quit complaining you didn't get one......because.......well you just don't need it in our opinion

Let me know if Ive missed something...Im always open to listen to baseless stupidity and cyber bullies
Good point about covering wires and electrical parts before "shampooing". Before my coveted cover arrived I took a long look at that mess on top of the engine. The last thing I would ever do is flood the top of that engine with soap and water.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Wow, you are the pot calling the kettle black! It is hilarious that you would accuse somebody of winding people up! I will send you a mirror so that you can see who the rabble rouser is in this thread...
Hey now. I am far from the only one here mocking much ado about nothing. I am one of the bluntest though. I can take the hit! Blame me!
????

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rats nest of stuff on top of the engine, IMHO Ford should have spent the cover money on a proper custom looking wire and tube management system.
Just say’in,,,,,
And wire conduit vs electrical tape. It is tempting to install some of that stuff. Would tidy it up nicely.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
The rats nest of stuff on top of the engine, IMHO Ford should have spent the cover money on a proper custom looking wire and tube management system.
Just say’in,,,,,
agreed 100%.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I am going to chuck all the underside panelling one of these days. Don’t care about sound deadening, do care about collecting a huge amount of dirt under there. I drive enough gravel that the dirt build up is significant. Plus, undercoat spray is a lot easier to apply if you can actually see the underside. Shall happen once I get the money for custom built skid plates.
on a few highway trips, with a strong wind, i swear those side 'skidplates' were flappin in the wind. i'd prefer a steel or aluminum alternative as well.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on a few highway trips, with a strong wind, i swear those side 'skidplates' were flappin in the wind. i'd prefer a steel or aluminum alternative as well.
Eventually I will hit up some of the local rally clubs and see who does their skid plates and get some made up. Not bothering with the truck after market since, well, this isn’t really a truck and the truck aftermarket seems more interested at this point in the big one than the sport.
Thoughts now on that are to get a plate for everything expensive or vehicle crippling and design it with drain holes if possible. Will have to talk to those with more experience to see what makes the most sense.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And wire conduit vs electrical tape. It is tempting to install some of that stuff. Would tidy it up nicely.
Or you could just install one of those useless engine covers to hide that mess!:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shall happen once I get the money for custom built skid plates.
So let me see if I understand this, you make fun of those of us that like engine covers, but you want to completely cover the underside of your Bronco Sport?:rolleyes:
Sponsored