R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
So…… not to keep bringing up the subject of missing engine covers, but when looking under my hood, I noticed mine is not there, but also the hood insulator! OMG!! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!?!?!?:angry:??
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 381B61E6-6232-491F-B1D8-CA0D374D1DB2

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So…… not to keep bringing up the subject of missing engine covers, but when looking under my hood, I noticed mine is not there, but also the hood insulator! OMG!! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!?!?!?:angry:??
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 381B61E6-6232-491F-B1D8-CA0D374D1DB2
Dude you were totally robbed
All I see is a beautiful Area 51 beast!

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
That’s about it.
Imagine the noise that could be made in this thread if I said what I really want for an engine for this thing? A 3.0l turbo diesel. With a transfer case and low range. And no sound deadening. Not even a, gasp, engine cover.
Now that would make some noise!
My 2000 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab with a 7.3L Diesel Engine has an engine cover. Do you really think that it is there for noise suppression ? Have you ever tried to quiet down a 7.3L Diesel Engine ? Only way is to turn it off, BUT, it will still pull the house off of its foundation without even trying. Engine cover is actually there for heat retention and to keep what dirt it can off of the engine, just makes changing the diesel fuel filter a little more difficult since its mounted under the cover.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Dude you were totally robbed
All I see is a beautiful Area 51 beast!
I'm with @ZeroCool on this, you might want to go back thru this thread to find some suspects who were upset and now have one. Just saying it's a Bronco and there's a guy who might be able to help...

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with @ZeroCool on this, you might want to go back thru this thread to find some suspects who were upset and now have one. Just saying it's a Bronco and there's a guy who might be able to help...
Was at the Dealership yesterday to pick up my All Weather floor mats and cargo cover, my salesperson said that Ford has been putting the covers and hood insulators on the early production models more for show than anything. "Makes it look Sexier" My biggest concern was the heat on the hood paint, and he said that he/dealership checked with the body shop and Ford, and they said there is not enough heat to effect the paint.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Was at the Dealership yesterday to pick up my All Weather floor mats and cargo cover, my salesperson said that Ford has been putting the covers and hood insulators on the early production models more for show than anything. "Makes it look Sexier" My biggest concern was the heat on the hood paint, and he said that he/dealership checked with the body shop and Ford, and they said there is not enough heat to effect the paint.
That's probably cause most paint has a 300° F threshold before failing. Not sure the engine heat gets the hood as hot as the hood sitting in the sun on a 115° F day in Vegas summertime. Cause when I experienced that I needed a glove to get in the car cause it was so hot. In addition when you drive the air you force over the hood is generally cooler and reduces the heat on the hood.

I don't think I ever mentioned that I have an early model that came with both, but I COULD NOT GIVE A CRAP if it was there. When it matters I'm gonna be bitching it is there in the end when I have to take it off to access wires and or engine.
But to each their own, just like the hundreds of people putting mudflaps on... It was the first thing I took off, just extra area for mud and snow to accumulate. In addition they reduce approach and decent angles.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Obviously aliens must have taken them in the night because Ford wouldn't have left them off, oh, never mind, yes they did! Just get some therapy and everything will be ok.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Wow! You got the fancy shmancy Outer Banks and it doesn't have an engine cover? My lowly Big Bend came with one. If I was you, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night from the outrage. ?

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! You got the fancy shmancy Outer Banks and it doesn't have an engine cover? My lowly Big Bend came with one. If I was you, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night from the outrage. ?
I know, Right?!?!?!?

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's probably cause most paint has a 300° F threshold before failing. Not sure the engine heat gets the hood as hot as the hood sitting in the sun on a 115° F day in Vegas summertime. Cause when I experienced that I needed a glove to get in the car cause it was so hot. In addition when you drive the air you force over the hood is generally cooler and reduces the heat on the hood.

I don't think I ever mentioned that I have an early model that came with both, but I COULD NOT GIVE A CRAP if it was there. When it matters I'm gonna be bitching it is there in the end when I have to take it off to access wires and or engine.
But to each their own, just like the hundreds of people putting mudflaps on... It was the first thing I took off, just extra area for mud and snow to accumulate. In addition they reduce approach and decent angles.
Personally, I really don't care they are not there... I just have fun "stirring the pot" ?in here. :party:

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Personally, I really don't care they are not there... I just have fun "stirring the pot" ?in here. :party:
This thread has successfully made its way into other threads too.
Having an engine cover seems to be the answer to everyone’s problems - even life problems too ?

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@KodiakMomCrawler and@everyone else Remember those dodge commercials where people were asking is there a hemi in that?
I guess now we’ll just ask our fellow bronco owners is there an engine cover in that? Lmfao
That made me cackle ??

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ZeroCool
To be honest, I get it. I have things missing from my OB that are itemized on my window sticker and I paid for it - a first aid kit and an on road assistance kit. But this thread is just too much fun and it gives me a good laugh :giggle:
Sponsored