Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
that's probably the bigger point if you have a strong enough wifi connection and set it to auto update. My wifi is crap, the routers are crap, but our community signed a deal with the devil with exclusive provider rights so they pedal crap service and you can't get anything else. I had no choice but to update with USB.
Couldn't you just connect to the Wi-Fi Hotspot you can do with your cellphone?
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
yeah I probably could have, the USB wasn't difficult, I just plugged it in as we drove to Brighton and it took care of the updates pretty fast. But that's a solid option.
If your like me I always forget that I can do that....

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had the same problem with Travel Link not working following Sync 3 update to 21020. Called Ford CRC, they said it’s a Sirius problem. Called Sirius, they said it’s a Ford problem. Arrrrgh!!

Discovered that a Master Reset restores Travel link subscriptions but only for 2 start/run cycles. Third start up and Travel Link “subscription not active “ again.

Took it to the dealer. They said I need a new antenna, which is on National back order and won’t be available for a while. BTW: headliner, side trim and dash have to be removed to install the new antenna. Again Arrrrgh!

Is your travel link still working more than two days after Sirius fix?
Master Reset only gave temporary fix for me.
Took your advice and talked to SiriusXM Tech Support. Like you said, quick response from them. They closed then re-opened my subscriptions and I did a Master Reset. Then Travel Link features worked for a while....until I did a remote start-up using Ford Pass app. After that, no Travel Link features. I wonder if the remote start causes the failure? I'll be checking that out next. Thanks.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Does the update reset a bunch of saved vehicle preferences? Because overnight mine suddenly forgot a lot of stuff like the night mode, screen background and some alert settings.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Does the update reset a bunch of saved vehicle preferences? Because overnight mine suddenly forgot a lot of stuff like the night mode, screen background and some alert settings.
It's not supposed to change things, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.
I had to do a Master Reset to get Travel Link subscriptions to activate. That, in turn, deletes all previous settings including radio pre-sets, phone pairing and Ford Pass activation.

Do you have the Nav option? If so, does your Travel Link features work?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's not supposed to change things, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.
I had to do a Master Reset to get Travel Link subscriptions to activate. That, in turn, deletes all previous settings including radio pre-sets, phone pairing and Ford Pass activation.

Do you have the Nav option? If so, does your Travel Link features work?
I do have navigation. When I first started the vehicle, it thought it was back in Dearborn for a while and then finally located me. I'm not sure what all the Travellink features are? I checked traffic and it took a little bit to download and eventually said no incidents so I think that is working.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Apparently Travel Link service has been restored. Weather functions not available on Tuesday 5/25 are now working. I took no actions for this…

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
So, scratch what I said earlier today. Around 4pm we were playing with the movie times and weather and traffic and it was all working. By 6pm it all conked out. The Subscription screen says we have music and movies (!?) but only music works. The rest just say downloading data and never give info.

Having that all fail right before one of the largest travel days in the US is going to be a big stink eye for Ford. I'm not joining the throngs on the road fortunately, or I'd want that stuff to work.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
So, scratch what I said earlier today. Around 4pm we were playing with the movie times and weather and traffic and it was all working. By 6pm it all conked out. The Subscription screen says we have music and movies (!?) but only music works. The rest just say downloading data and never give info.

Having that all fail right before one of the largest travel days in the US is going to be a big stink eye for Ford. I'm not joining the throngs on the road fortunately, or I'd want that stuff to work.
Why would that be a black eye for Ford? Its the XM service that provides that.........

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

I have discovered by trial and error (and by reading lots and lots of forum posts) that, apparently, when Sync 3 is updating (operating system followed by maps) it shuts off Sirius Travel Link services. This continues until all 13 map files are installed. Before I discovered all this, I kept calling Ford CRC (who said it's a Sirius probem) and Sirius (who said it's a Ford problem) and got no where. I decided to watch the updates and try Travel Link again when all updates are installed.

I also found that you can get all Travel Link functions to work if you do a Master Reset, but only for one or two start-up events. Then, suddenly, Travel Link stops working again. Be aware that Master Reset un-pairs your phone, de-activates Ford Pass app, and erases all your radio pre-sets.

My Bronco Sport with Nav now has about 20 hours of Wi-Fi connected downloading, and it's not done yet. After every file completes, it tells you you're done, and then starts downloading another file.

Hang in there. Some time in the distant future, downloads will complete and, from what I've read, Travel Link should work again.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Why would that be a black eye for Ford? Its the XM service that provides that.........
Because Ford chooses to disable Travel Link, and a lot of connected phone apps, while Sync 3 is updating maps. Wi-Fi connected downloads take literally tens of hours to complete. Its faster to do it by USB, but you may have to idle the engine for up to 2 hours (or go for a long drive with no Nav functions).
Sponsored