Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
How was the install? Was it like a 2 part install? After the first and 2nd installation steps via USB. After I took out the USB stick, switch to Wifi, I did another check and it was downloading the other file via wifi, file: 4U5T-14G423-CC.tar.gz. Although in the radio and my Ford account shows that it is up-to-date.

OP
OP

bronco_wv

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Rapid Red
How was the install? Was it like a 2 part install? After the first and 2nd installation steps via USB. After I took out the USB stick, switch to Wifi, I did another check and it was downloading the other file via wifi, file: 4U5T-14G423-CC.tar.gz. Although in the radio and my Ford account shows that it is up-to-date.
Yes it was 2 part. I haven't checked with WiFi yet though. The download for the USB was 5U5T-14G381-ER.zip

kskr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, Bronco Sport
Is there also a NAV Maps update?

I just looked up my vin number and it is also eligible for a Sync 3 Navigation Map update.

Last edited:

OP
OP

bronco_wv

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Rapid Red
Yes there is. I went to this link and did the file download, not the USB order purchase route
https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home
Thanks for the link!

The download referenced earlier is a license file for the navigation download, but it's already incremented: 4U5T-14G424-CC.tar.gz

And there is another download Sync32.zip with the files for the updated maps.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Downloading now....

Ford Bronco Sport Update to Sync 3, version 3.4 Build 21020 20210509_153837
Be patient and keep a look out for on screen prompts..sync3 update took about an hour and the nav update took about the same time. Requires like 1-2 cycles (turn off car and turn on). Glad to see that the cubby is used for face mask storage..I do the same..like 10-15 used disposable masks can fit in there.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I downloaded it, followed the prompt to turn the vehicle back on at my convenience for it to complete. Started it back up and said it was complete. Question is, has anyone got a log file in the form of an xml file that was uploaded? I hadn't. I've had no problem in the past w/ my other Fords in regards to that.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I just left my BS connected to my wifi and it handled the update on its own.

kskr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, Bronco Sport
Be patient and keep a look out for on screen prompts..sync3 update took about an hour and the nav update took about the same time. Requires like 1-2 cycles (turn off car and turn on). Glad to see that the cubby is used for face mask storage..I do the same..like 10-15 used disposable masks can fit in there.
Does your vehicle have to be running to do the automatic update over WiFi?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Does your vehicle have to be running to do the automatic update over WiFi?
Apparently not. Mine happened parked in my driveway with automatic updates on. If you have the Connect feature activated so you can access your BS from the Ford app you will realize your vehicle is always online.

CodeGR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I downloaded it, followed the prompt to turn the vehicle back on at my convenience for it to complete. Started it back up and said it was complete. Question is, has anyone got a log file in the form of an xml file that was uploaded? I hadn't. I've had no problem in the past w/ my other Fords in regards to that.
I get an error when trying to upload the .xml file: "Upload failed. Please try again later."