KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I went with 235 Toyo's on wife's Bronco. Will see how they do on the beach in a couple of weeks.

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks IMG_20210828_145104596
Love it! They look great! I did consider those initially. Let us know how it does on the beach!
Sponsored

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Toyo tires handled the New Jersey Pine Barrens like a champ! BS surprised the guys I was with. Only got stuck for a second and when I looked down I realized I never put it in Low, right out and off I went.
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks PXL_20210717_144941880
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks PXL_20210717_211002646
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks PXL_20210717_211022484
That’s really cool how it pulled right out!! Judging by the dirt, looks like you had a good time! The Toyos look great on your OB too. You probably weren’t too far from me, I’m in South Jersey by the Barnegat Bay Area. What trail were you on?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
That’s really cool how it pulled right out!! Judging by the dirt, looks like you had a good time! The Toyos look great on your OB too. You probably weren’t too far from me, I’m in South Jersey by the Barnegat Bay Area. What trail were you on?
Nice, did you get your beach pass yet? This was from pre Ida in July, I was on a trip to Maryland. After heading down from Morris County, we started at the northern part of Wharton on tukerton and worked our way toward lower forge campground, exited by Bastro. It was a perfect day.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, did you get your beach pass yet? This was from pre Ida in July, I was on a trip to Maryland. After heading down from Morris County, we started at the northern part of Wharton on tukerton and worked our way toward lower forge campground, exited by Bastro. It was a perfect day.
No beach pass yet, I never off roaded before. I’d like to try something very moderate. Sounds like a nice trip! I’m going to look into those areas too.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
You're mostly on pavement, some light trails to go camping... you can't go wrong with either of these tires. Pretty much flip a coin. Enjoy!

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're mostly on pavement, some light trails to go camping... you can't go wrong with either of these tires. Pretty much flip a coin. Enjoy!
That’s pretty much what it came down to. I’m leaning towards the BFG’s over the Wildpeaks for 2 reasons: 1) I like the white lettering on the tires and, 2) they are a little lighter per tire. I know it’s not a big difference, but I didn’t want to put additional stress on the 1.5/brakes.
Thanks for the feedback!

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
That’s pretty much what it came down to. I’m leaning towards the BFG’s over the Wildpeaks for 2 reasons: 1) I like the white lettering on the tires and, 2) they are a little lighter per tire. I know it’s not a big difference, but I didn’t want to put additional stress on the 1.5/brakes.
Thanks for the feedback!
I should have been thinking when I upgraded my tires. I'm liking the white lettering also, get back to the old school days when white lettering was popular.

Something else to consider, you being in New Jersey, how much snow do you get. Which tire does better in snow? I believe they are both 3-peak snow rated, so maybe a wash.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should have been thinking when I upgraded my tires. I'm liking the white lettering also, get back to the old school days when white lettering was popular.

Something else to consider, you being in New Jersey, how much snow do you get. Which tire does better in snow? I believe they are both 3-peak snow rated, so maybe a wash.
Yea, snow was definitely something I took into account when choosing tires too. Some winters are worse than others over here, some we barely get any snow. Just good to be prepared.
I feel the same way about the white lettering. I saw a couple people on here with similar white lettered tires and thought it looked so retro on the BS.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk

I've used the Wildpeak trails in the snow on my Crosstrek and they did very well. this wasnt' daily driving just trips up into the Sierras. I did test them on some deep stuff tho and they plowed through very well.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I've used the Wildpeak trails in the snow on my Crosstrek and they did very well. this wasnt' daily driving just trips up into the Sierras. I did test them on some deep stuff tho and they plowed through very well.
I'm actually looking forward to some deep snow here in MN (never thought I'd ever say that), want to see how this beast will perform with the Wildpeak AT3W's. I am so past having to shovel the crap. At least driving in it should be fun.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm actually looking forward to some deep snow here in MN (never thought I'd ever say that), want to see how this beast will perform with the Wildpeak AT3W's. I am so past having to shovel the crap. At least driving in it should be fun.
I know what you mean! I normally despise the snow, but when I got my BS in May, the first thing I thought about was driving it in the winter lol
Winters must be tough by you! You definitely will have no problem with those tires!

B-rock1975

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands
I live in Jersey as well, but frequent northern Vermont in Jan Feb . I went with the Cooper discoverer at3 4s in 235 17 65. Perfect for my needs as going to the cabin in vt, can get really slammed in the winter.
Sponsored