Doc Dougherty

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I have a 23 Bronco Sport Big Bend. Had 6 months now. Today I had an icon show up on my screen that I have never seen before and have no idea what it is for or about. Anyone have any idea what this icon is about?

Follow-up 8/17/23:
Thanks for all the reply's everyone:
Its Strang for sure since its never done it prior. I have attempted to retrace my action today several times in the same parking lot with and without cross traffic. As normal the only thing that worked was my normal backing alarm letting me know something is close as I am backing up or cross traffic.

Ford Bronco Sport Unknown icon 1000001412
Sponsored

Last edited:

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That looks like the same icon that it shows when a vehicle is coming when you are reversing, was it followed with any audio? Beeps or anything of that kind?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I think it's telling you that the roof needs washing.

I have no clue for this one.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Alien overhead icon.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This looks like the screen that pops up when the parking sensors are in operation. Was the transmission in reverse?

kcjayman79

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
This happens on my vehicle also. Once you put the vehicle in reverese and it senses trafic from behind it will show that display and the red arrows on bottom indicate the direction the trafic or object is coming from. In this screen shot..... there is something behind you coming from the left moving to the right.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
This happens on my vehicle also. Once you put the vehicle in reverese and it senses trafic from behind it will show that display and the red arrows on bottom indicate the direction the trafic or object is coming from. In this screen shot..... there is something behind you coming from the left moving to the right.
I think what you are talking about shows up in the screen behind the steering wheel. If the vehicle was in reverse, the central screen shows the backup camera output.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a 23 Bronco Sport Big Bend. Had 6 months now. Today I had an icon show up on my screen that I have never seen before and have no idea what it is for or about. Anyone have any idea what this icon is about?
Ford Bronco Sport Unknown icon 1000001412
You can hold down the volume/power button and the seek/forward button at the same time until the screen goes black and release to reset.

Do you have Sync 3.4 Build 22251 installed? This is one of the known symptoms of the rwdata partition issue. I will sometimes get the same thing happening.

When you are in reverse this will appear along with the camera. It should go way when you shift out if reverse, but is freezing on the screen.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Thank god it does this, as I never look behind me when I'm reversing...I mearly select reverse, press the go pedal, and hope for the best.

CyberSparky

Outer Banks
First Name
Delone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 1995 Ford Bronco, 1981 Ford Bro
You must have hit the 3rd person view button. First person is so overrated.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I still turn my head when backing up.
Sponsored