The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
The 2.0 should have been the Base Engine and the 2.3 the upgrade.......

AND..... a MT should have been offered with both of these (2.0 & 2.3) engines!!!!
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

AND..... a MT should have been offered with both of these (2.0 & 2.3) engines!!!!
The best post ever! :clap:

RyanT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

exactly, the only ā€˜missingā€˜ feature I care about is memory seats. whopty do. meanwhile, I really wish they had a two speed transfer case option and extra bonus with 1ā€ lift and 31ā€ tires. The 2.0L is plenty engine for me.

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I really debated starting a new thread or re-igniting this thread. obviously I decided on the re-ignite option.

So I got my BS FE yesterday, knowing full well that there was not option for GDO. The Dealer says they can replace the visor with one that has a GDO, but they want $835. A bit outrageous.

Since this thread has been idle for a while, what are others doing for GDO.

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
I really debated starting a new thread or re-igniting this thread. obviously I decided on the re-ignite option.

So I got my BS FE yesterday, knowing full well that there was not option for GDO. The Dealer says they can replace the visor with one that has a GDO, but they want $835. A bit outrageous.

I just use my phone so I have it with me at all times.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I respect your opinion but also strongly disagree.
I AGREE with having options available. YES But... at the same time I disagree that the sport is at a disadvantage for not offering lux options. Why? because this vehicle appeals to those that want rugged options.

It honestly isnā€™t trying to sell to everyone like the rav4 does. The rav4 tries to tick all those boxes and does (Utility + lux options) and the most purchased in its class but it isnā€™t perfect for everyone.. those that want a more rugged small suv. But it is no longer the best option for a lot of people... Those people being people that arenā€™t looking for power lift gates and UGDO. Iā€™m sure the sport will steal a lot of the rugged seeking rav4 owners because that was their best option until now.

Like I said Ford is not trying to rope all small suv buyers in with one vehicle like Toyota is. They still offer the escape. Two different vehicles with different available options.

The sport will be successful not because of what it doesnā€™t offer but because what it does offer.

My wife has the power life gate. Itā€™s fine because itā€™s one of the faster ones. So I donā€™t hate it. But.. Iā€™ve dealt with slow ones and would choose manual over any speed power any day.
I LOVE the badlands rubber flooring. I LOVE the easy clean cloth. I love the rugged 'feel' of the design and idea it's built for outdoor, fun, and ORV if you so choose. I don't want a sound-deadening glorified minivan with ATV tires...The sport is exactly what I want, and I purposely avoided the badlands/ob/bb/FE packages because I wanted simplistic wants. I sacrificed the table thing because big tires and tow and NOW were more important. I think Ford did an excellent job making it affordable, accessible, and offroadable. Liftgate...pshh...garage opener..MYq app does the same thing. I have what I want, and based on the broncos flying off lots, Ford hit their market dead in the eyes.

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

15 dollars on Amazon, 1 button remote control.clips to your visors.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
If you must have an upscale universal GDO built in, just buy a homelink kit and install it in your visor. We already have vanity mirrors, so there's power to the visor.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
I bet it is the same visor as the escape. If the escape visor has GDO that would be an easy swap

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My '14 CRV no built in garage door opener even though it was top trim all options for that year. So we keep a cheesy clip on door opener on the sun visor. Its really not that big of deal. Then of course the next year '15 the CRV Touring comes out with built in opener.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would have paid extra for built in garage door opener and power lift gate my wife likes those features. But we didn't want jelly bean Escape or any of the other jelly beans out there. We dig the Bronco Sport so we will rough it without those gadgets.

petercole01

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sacvalleygaragedoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
If you must have an upscale universal GDO built in, just buy a homelink kit and install it in your visor. We already have vanity mirrors, so there's power to the visor.
HomeLink can only install on new vehicles? or we can also add it to old vehicles.
Can anyone tell little about homelink garage door opener programming.?

dsirka

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've noticed that 2022 BS has an option for Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO). Would it be possible to just get a visor with UGDO and swap it out on 2021 models?
Sponsored