whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
Just curious, has anyone seen anywhere if the Sport will have a universal garage door opener? Defiantly not a game changer for me but would be cool if it was included.
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I actually prefer not having one. I park outside part of the time and having a fixed remote is a bit of a security risk. I can hide a portable remote in a cubby somewhere out of sight.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
The Universal Garage Door Opener remote will not work without power to the vehicle so no need to hide one in a cubby..
On my 2010 Escape I can open the driver's door and they work immediately. (no key inserted or anything)

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
The Odyssey doesn't require a key or accessory power. I always wished that key was required for obvious reasons.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So.... can this be confirmed now? The Sport does NOT come with a UGDO?

If true, find it so weird, for a car that can get a heated steering wheel and remote start not to have this simple gadget.

Last edited:

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So.... can this be confirmed now? The Sport does NOT come with a UGDO?

If true, find it so weird, for a car that can get a heated steering wheel and remote start not to have this simple gadget.
Used to think of it as almost being “universal” but there’s no mention of it anywhere for the Bronco Sport, including any interior shots. Did a look-see of new Fords on a dealers lot and many don’t have it. Very surprised.

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
It seems like I actually did see this somewhere in an option... but would have to poke around to find it again for sure. Not sure it would work on either of my garage doors either way though since the “universal” type you can get at Home Depot doesn’t work on either of my ancient garage doors.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I searched the 85 page Bronco Sport "e-Source book" PDF for keywords "universal", "garage" and "home link" and even "door" and "opener" - nothing came up

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Same here. Could not locate it under compare models nor in build and price sections.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think at this point we can be pretty certain that a UGDO is simply not available.
(IDK how hard it is of a job to retrofit a sunvisor from a 2nd gen Escape that has a UGDO integrated onto a B-Sport (my 2010 Escape has it built in to the driver's sun visor)... there should be some power/wiring due to vanity mirror lights when you take the visor off, but could be a PITA to do such a mod)

Hopefully people who buy a B-Sport this year will give enough feedback to Ford so that it will be included in 2022 model year.

@Granger Ford : Is there anything you can do to let Ford know about this? T.I.A.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I think at this point we can be pretty certain that a UGDO is simply not available.
(IDK how hard it is of a job to retrofit a sunvisor from a 2nd gen Escape that has a UGDO integrated onto a B-Sport (my 2010 Escape has it built in to the driver's sun visor)... there should be some power/wiring due to vanity mirror lights when you take the visor off, but could be a PITA to do such a mod)

Hopefully people who buy a B-Sport this year will give enough feedback to Ford so that it will be included in 2022 model year.

@Granger Ford : Is there anything you can do to let Ford know about this? T.I.A.
You already are, the same lurkers on the Bronco 6 G are here and on the F-150 forum as well..

No I do not want to call them out just be assured they are watching...

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Many modern garage door openers are WiFi enabled and have companion apps, likely available hands-free via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Maybe that is what's happening, some kind of Homelink obsolescence. At any rate, modern garage door remotes are compact and easily hidden. I don't use Homelink, even on vehicles that support it, opting to tuck a remote out of sight.
I had one once for a motorcycle (although it could be used in any motor-vehicle), that would activate with two flashes from the high beam.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Many modern garage door openers are WiFi enabled and have companion apps, likely available hands-free via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Maybe that is what's happening, some kind of Homelink obsolescence.
This makes the most sense to me. The last garage door opener I installed had wifi and an app and I also switched the barn lights to wifi switches and an app.
Sponsored