Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I don't have one, don't really need one. I thought it was interesting Ford put an engine cover on the BS, but not the Ranger models unless you buy a Lariat trim package.
My dad is dealing with this right now. Apparently they only did that until 2020, and all Rangers started getting the cover. His 2019 XLT doesn't have it. I found one in a junkyard but it is only about $10 less than having the dealer order one in.
Sponsored

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Last edited:

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Shut up! I didn't know this existed, and now I want it. First mod. Thank you. It even bolts on with no drilling.

@johnardsg
Sorry to steal your thread, I'll start my own on this.
seriously?
Shut up! I didn't know this existed, and now I want it. First mod. Thank you. It even bolts on with no drilling.

@johnardsg
Sorry to steal your thread, I'll start my own on this.
seriously?
Ya know they are designed to melt in case of fire and shroud the engine right?
yup.....the plastic tabs melt and the blanket falls on the engine....may not put out fire but easier for fire rescue....keeps flames down ....so said my firefighter buddy?

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I'd love to dump the prop rod for hood struts like my 03 taurus had.

Parts dot Ford. Com calls it a hood insulator and base part number 16738. It's included with a"noise insulation pack"

Lake land Ford has
Part Number: M1PZ16738A

Ford sells for $122. Lakeland Ford I ln Florida has it for $85

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__Bronco-Sport/INSULATOR---HOOD/98543344/M1PZ16738A.html
Ordered one today from fordparts.com for my BB. As it happens, fordparts.com is the ford parts source for all of the dealerships. If you register with them you get free shipping and a 20% discount which may have been a one time thing. When ordering by part number online I called to see if the plastic attachments were included or not. Turns out they are but he also showed me how to shop my local dealers to get the lowest price. So shipping by UPS is free and if I need to return it I can return it to the dealer I selected for price. Pretty neat. So all in my cost is $86 delivered to my door.
The rep also used my vin number to check if the above part # was a correct fit and said it was not. Figuring there’s no way in the world my hood is different from BL, I surmise that Ford isn’t telling me if a part fits but rather if it is correct to my vehicle’s trim level. Technically, there is no hood insulator pad for the BB.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Ordered mine last week and it took about 1 minute to install. fit perfectly and snapped in simple. I think it was well worth it.
I plan on ordering one too...(when and if my BB gets built and delivered)

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Ordered mine last week and it took about 1 minute to install. fit perfectly and snapped in simple. I think it was well worth it.
I bought it to help tame the mighty 3 cyl snarl. Could you tell a sound difference?

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I bought it to help tame the mighty 3 cyl snarl. Could you tell a sound difference?
While asking this question it arrived at the front door! Wow, priority overnight from Lavonia, MI. Kudos Ford.
And, yes, it snaps right in and imho it makes a huge difference in engine sound dampening.
The combo of the hood struts and insulator pad is a great value add.

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'd love to dump the prop rod for hood struts like my 03 taurus had.

Parts dot Ford. Com calls it a hood insulator and base part number 16738. It's included with a"noise insulation pack"

Lake land Ford has
Part Number: M1PZ16738A

Ford sells for $122. Lakeland Ford I ln Florida has it for $85

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__Bronco-Sport/INSULATOR---HOOD/98543344/M1PZ16738A.html
It also says "local pickup only". I'd like to get one but driving to Florida for it isn't very likely. Doesn't even give the option for shipping.
Sponsored

Last edited: