fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Now why would the BL & FE not come equipped with them ? & I have a grip . Ground clearance doesn't sound logical or they would leave off both panels . As far as dirt & mud between them & the Steel under body , if they are installed like the other panels , they can come off & cleaned .

I would guess , & just a guess mind you , is they figure all you off road maniac's would just rip it off , if thats their logic , why install any ? The BL & FE have skid plates so why the Fiber Panel .
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Now why would the BL & FE not come equipped with them ? & I have a grip . Ground clearance doesn't sound logical or they would leave off both panels . As far as dirt & mud between them & the Steel under body , if they are installed like the other panels , they can come off & cleaned .

I would guess , & just a guess mind you , is they figure all you off road maniac's would just rip it off , if thats their logic , why install any ? The BL & FE have skid plates so why the Fiber Panel .
?‍♂ well I guess we will never know but it's not your problem you have a OB (so you don't get a grip) so you have it as well as the 2 additional little mudflaps. It was designed like that for a reason....??
Hopefully yours was built before 5/21 so you have an engine cover, 110v in the rear and before the markups ?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m still probably gonna buy it lol.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?‍♂ well I guess we will never know but it's not your problem you have a OB (so you don't get a grip) so you have it as well as the 2 additional little mudflaps. It was designed like that for a reason....??
Hopefully yours was built before 5/21 so you have an engine cover, 110v in the rear and before the markups ?
How do you know they were designed like this ?
Yes I do .

"grip | ɡrip | verb (grips, gripping, gripped) [with object] 1 take and keep a firm hold of; grasp tightly: his knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel."

I purchased my set of Mud Flaps & I got a set of four & installed them , so mine was not designed with any Mud Flaps , but I cant prove it .

Whats the reason ? If you don't know then, then why answer . :cwl:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Now why would the BL & FE not come equipped with them ?
There might be a reason or there might be no reason. Like, why did they not put the under seat storage in the Outer Banks' leather seating? I haven't crawled under there to see what all is different, but maybe it has something to do with the liquid cooled PTU on the Badlands drive train?

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
There might be a reason or there might be no reason. Like, why did they not put the under seat storage in the Outer Banks' leather seating? I haven't crawled under there to see what all is different, but maybe it has something to do with the liquid cooled PTU on the Badlands drive train?
? here is a person with some common sense. Most likely the reason for the "missing cover";
its not on the passenger side because of the liquid cooled ptu not the "air cooled" one on all the other models. People are so quick to down talk a vehicle without knowing s@&t! ?‍♂ To each thier own.....

Last edited:

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
? here is a person with some common sense. Most likely the reason for the "missing cover";
its not on the passenger side because of the liquid cooled ptu not the "air cooled" one on all the other models. People are so quick to down talk a vehicle without knowing s@&t! ?‍♂ To each thier own.....
Might think it's common sense , but it's a guess , just like all the others . Let's see a comparison of the under bodies & see what's in the way or not . probably view from them on a lift.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm talking about the 4 little mud flaps on the front of the wheel wells ?‍♂
Enjoy your OB ???????
I would make a guess they are missing for wheel/Tire clearance .

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I would make a guess they are missing for wheel/Tire clearance .
Exactly it's for when the BL and FE tires fully articulate due to the lift and and suspension. The flaps are really air deflectors

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Might think it's common sense , but it's a guess , just like all the others . Let's see a comparison of the under bodies & see what's in the way or not . probably view from them on a lift.
I'm almost certain; I asked the mechanics at Ford when they had it up for the oil change. I brought up this discussion and he replied it had to due something with the dual clutch and cooling. ?‍♂ now im not sure if he was blowing smoke up my ads but it does make sense. That is part of the differences between the 2.0 and 1.5 BS. Plus Ford hasn't even mentioned it or commented on it like all the other discrepancies

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They didn't comment or give any info on the Engine Cover till they had a lot of input also. I really don't care one way or the other , but just curious , as I suspect its more into penny pinching then what ever has been brought up here , just a guess & it also has some logic to it , since you mad off roaders would probably rip it off any way :like: & maybe they don't care if the interior ride sound would be lower or a some climate control by having insulation on that side & don't say it wouldn't matter , because it would .

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
They didn't comment or give any info on the Engine Cover till they had a lot of input also. I really don't care one way or the other , but just curious , as I suspect its more into penny pinching then what ever has been brought up here , just a guess & it also has some logic to it , since you mad off roaders would probably rip it off any way :like: & maybe they don't care if the interior ride sound would be lower or a some climate control by having insulation on that side & don't say it wouldn't matter , because it would .
?‍♂The engine cover was announced by Ford pretty quickly as well as everything else.
So why do all the FE; which are supposedly the first BS built in the factory are "missing" it? They shorted from the start? Feeble minded people really behoove me. Just like I said my BL was a 2020 build; one of the first and way before any shortages and issues and it doesn't have one. This is the problem with today is that people like to speak about stuff they have no idea about just to talk. ?‍♂ like I said enjoy your OB...to each thier own?

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Picked my BASE model up December 2020.
It’s got all the proper stuff underneath, both sides and has the engine cover.
Talked to my dealer parts counter guy, he suspects things like that can be asked for later when parts stocks get better.
He “speculated” that those that wanted them could get a missing cover or two free of charge.