Maryloulizard

Badlands
First Name
Mary Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There is no undercarriage panel on the right passenger side of our BS Badlands. We’ve seen it on other models but not sure which. ( there’s not many out there). The dealer said this is normal for our model. Does YOUR Badlands have this part on both sides of the vehicle? It begins behind the front wheel. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maryloulizard

Badlands
First Name
Mary Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is this a trick to see if you can get my wife to ask “NOW what are you doing to your car?” :wink: If I remember I’ll look tomorrow.
Thanks~ I’d really appreciate it. Seems strange not to have it.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Oh i dont even have the badlands so im useless but mine looks the same on both sides for what it is worth

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
I have early production BL. Looks exactly the same. Passenger side is metal, drivers side has the fiber cover. To me the fiber covers (like for wheel wells) are pretty worthless and just likely to trap dirt, but Ford must have felt they needed a cover on the drivers side. I am sure someone who's curious will take the cover off and see what is under it. Earlier this year there was a similar thread on these covers - you can try to find it and see what else people thought. As I recall someone also ripped theirs off roading so you may find that thread too.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Yea, i have the weird panel on both sides... (but i have base model) might also be the person that pulls them off ... and undercoat it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
They are for sound deadener. A lot of ppl have complained of it missing on one side

OP
OP

Maryloulizard

Badlands
First Name
Mary Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have early production BL. Looks exactly the same. Passenger side is metal, drivers side has the fiber cover. To me the fiber covers (like for wheel wells) are pretty worthless and just likely to trap dirt, but Ford must have felt they needed a cover on the drivers side. I am sure someone who's curious will take the cover off and see what is under it. Earlier this year there was a similar thread on these covers - you can try to find it and see what else people thought. As I recall someone also ripped theirs off roading so you may find that thread too.
This is super helpful. Thanks for replying

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would argue I've been incredibly lucky, badlands built and delivered, hood insulator, engine cosmetic cover, skid plate insulator, etc. I can confirm I have a fiber cover the length of the driver side but metal on the passenger side

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage panel missing on right side of Badlands PXL_20210713_001057336

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage panel missing on right side of Badlands PXL_20210713_001229872

Fwiw that fiber is incredible. My daughter's 2003 beetle has her wheel openings lined with it. Deadens sounds and held up spectacularly. Just rinses clean.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Fwiw that fiber is incredible. My daughter's 2003 beetle has her wheel openings lined with it. Deadens sounds and held up spectacularly. Just rinses clean.
My '16 F150 Platinum has that fiber in front wheel wells. And yes it has held up well over the years.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
ce
This is super helpful. Thanks for replying
Someone looks like they have "disclosed" what is under the drivers side fiber cover - by "accident". This recent post looks like the drivers side area with the fiber cover. Sadly the metal plate just forward would have likely prevented their cracked EVAP tank resulting from running over road trash. From this picture it looks like the fiber cover just reduces dust and dirt, but clearly should have been metal with the plastic gas EVAP tank is behind it. Probably a good thing there is no fiber cover on the passenger side hiding breakable parts. EVAP Leak | Page 2 | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
This has come up before. Badlands and FE don't have it. I think it's possible to add, and there's a part for it on the Ford parts site. You can probably add it, but it's not going to offer full protection from a road hazard anyhow, but it will pile dirt and moisture on the topside of it over 100,000mi which can also be an issue if you don't keep it cleaned out.

The EVAP tank was unfortunate. But road hazards are just that- misfortune. They always have been. In the mid-1960's my dad drove a new-to-him British sports car 3,000 miles across the USA and at the end of the trip, a metal plate in the road got under the car and sheared the oil pan off.

P.S.
$1,100 to install an easily accessible $150 part is sheer highway robbery. I don't know what else is in that bill, but That's a ton of additional "labor" for one 10mm bolt, two quick connect vapor lines, and a leak test.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Why would the BL and FE not have this? Seems like a production error to me.
Outer Banks. I have both sides.

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage panel missing on right side of Badlands 20210724_145531
Sponsored