Undercarriage panel missing on right side of Badlands

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Is this a trick to see if you can get my wife to ask “NOW what are you doing to your car?” :wink: If I remember I’ll look tomorrow.
I thought this had been settled two weeks ago. I just checked my Badlands + Badlands (and when I came inside my wife did ask “What were you doing?”) and my driver side has the fiber panel but the passenger side is all steel and a cover would be silly and lower the clearance. I’m guessing the steel is part of the BL bash plate package.

Trailrunner916

Badlands
First Name
Celia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a BL and am missing panel on the passenger side as well. I need to stop reading these threads I keep going out to check and see if mine is missing something. Lol. I do feel fortunate to have gotten this one. The fisr Bronco i ordered was. Outer banks but in came in incorrect ly so was able to order the Badlands and get the larger motor.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
We have to get this to 21 pages. Come on! Counting on you all!

Seriously though, throwing mine in the bin once I get the cash together for proper skid plates. I could care less about road noise with a major effort and all these do, besides a small amount of aerodynamic advantage, is collect dirt. I don’t drive much mud, but do drive gravel all the time, and we have this thing called winter so…. To the bin with it!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine missing too. I’m speechless. How are we supposed to just sit still and take this betrayal from Ford?

seriously though I found this part (or someone sent me a link like a month ago) and they were out stock and if I remember right around $80.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Is this a trick to see if you can get my wife to ask “NOW what are you doing to your car?” :wink: If I remember I’ll look tomorrow.
Imagine if you will,,,,
All across America wife’s are watching their hubbies drop the phone and run out side in their jammies with a flashlight, looking under their baby broncs,
And then there’s a few who aren’t wearing jammies,
911 operators are having a bad night,
“What’s your emergency Mam?
There is a naked man under my neighbors car !

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I may be missing a panel now, I hit something in the road the other night and thought it came through the floor board and into the cabin, it was pretty loud. I did a quick look and didn't see any visible damage, but haven't been under the vehicle yet.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I may be missing a panel now, I hit something in the road the other night and thought it came through the floor board and into the cabin, it was pretty loud. I did a quick look and didn't see any visible damage, but haven't been under the vehicle yet.
I couldn’t avoid a raccoon a couple weeks ago. Things are like grenades!

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I have early production BL. Looks exactly the same. Passenger side is metal, drivers side has the fiber cover. To me the fiber covers (like for wheel wells) are pretty worthless and just likely to trap dirt, but Ford must have felt they needed a cover on the drivers side. I am sure someone who's curious will take the cover off and see what is under it. Earlier this year there was a similar thread on these covers - you can try to find it and see what else people thought. As I recall someone also ripped theirs off roading so you may find that thread too.
I think the fuel tank is on the driver side .

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have all my panels. Mine was made on a Monday. Lol

Last edited:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The BL and FE are not supposed to have the panel on the passenger side. I have a 2020 build; before any shortages or anything. Just like the BL and FE only have 2 mudflaps and all other models come with 4; it's part of the design. That's why Ford has never commented on it like that have about the cargo management system, then the moonroof, then the chips, then the engine cover and the 110v rear plug.
Jeez.......get a grip people

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
The BL and FE are not supposed to have the panel on the passenger side. I have a 2020 build; before any shortages or anything. Just like the BL and FE only have 2 mudflaps and all other models come with 4; it's part of the design. That's why Ford has never commented on it like that have about the cargo management system, then the moonroof, then the chips, then the engine cover and the 110v rear plug.
Yes my first edition does not have it .

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored