shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Was driving through some trails with deep ruts and scraped on the drivers side undercarriage. The cardboard/composite deflector panel on the undercarriage ripped at the front across a few mounting points and I noticed it dragging once I got back on the road.

Not a big deal as it seems mostly cosmetic, but curious if others have scraped here. Fixed it up by replacing some of the mounting hardware with new holes and zipties. Interesting choice to pair the bash plates on the Badlands with a cardboard/composite material panel that rips so easily.

It looks like it's a ~$80 part new from Ford, but is on backorder while cars are still in early production.

Some pics of the quick fix below. May order the part eventually when it gets in stock, but no functional difference for now.

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8390.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8391.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8401.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8402.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8403.JPG
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Was driving through some trails with deep ruts and scraped on the drivers side undercarriage. The cardboard/composite deflector panel on the undercarriage ripped at the front across a few mounting points and I noticed it dragging once I got back on the road.

Not a big deal as it seems mostly cosmetic, but curious if others have scraped here. Fixed it up by replacing some of the mounting hardware with new holes and zipties. Interesting choice to pair the bash plates on the Badlands with a cardboard/composite material panel that rips so easily.

It looks like it's a ~$80 part new from Ford, but is on backorder while cars are still in early production.

Some pics of the quick fix below. May order the part eventually when it gets in stock, but no functional difference for now.

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8390.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8391.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8401.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8402.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_8403.JPG
I damaged one of the underbody panels on my big bend while off-roading January 24th . I ordered a replacement January 26th should get it March 19.

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I damaged one of the underbody panels on my big bend while off-roading January 24th . I ordered a replacement January 26th should get it March 19.
Which one? Same material or something different on the Big Bend?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Hey, do me a favor and don't trust ONLY the scissor jack stand that any company provides IF you are going to be working underneath any vehicle. Please use a good jack stand(s) to hold/brace the vehicle in conjunction with a factory scissors jack IF you are going to do this. Your dependents and or next of kin will thank you.

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, do me a favor and don't trust ONLY the scissor jack stand that any company provides IF you are going to be working underneath any vehicle. Please use a good jack stand(s) to hold/brace the vehicle in conjunction with a factory scissors jack IF you are going to do this. Your dependents and or next of kin will thank you.
Appreciate that! Should have mentioned that I didn’t actually get under the car. Just lifted it up to get a better angle to work on it from the side. Totally agree, though.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looks like you came precariously close to the DS rocker panel (and lower door edges, they're right there down low) to me. That's not a "bash plate" protecting any critical components -- more "splash plate" or even some sound deadening application. Time for some more lift!
Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road LHS splash panel

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was just looking at the deflector panel today and it seems to be the lowest clearance part on the BS. What is the function of the panel, is it protecting anything? Maybe worth removing.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
I was just looking at the deflector panel today and it seems to be the lowest clearance part on the BS. What is the function of the panel, is it protecting anything? Maybe worth removing.
The lowest part of the car is the exhaust pipe, ask me how I know hahahah

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak

Nice workspace there. Do you have power, water, air, etc... out there?

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Primarily there for aerodynamics, but will also keep dirt and road debris off your fuel/brake/evap bundle. There is a metal skid plate protecting the carbon canister on Badlands.

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang Convertible; 1986 Suzuki Jimny

I just did, and now the emissions control system is not operating at the desired pressure, I wonder if it punctured something underneath.
Sponsored