Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F250, 1984 Chrysler Fifth Avenue
I just ordered the Curt receiver from Uhaul for $175. They also list another option from horizon global, who makes draw tite and Reese. The installation on that looked terrible though. You have to remove a lot body parts to get access.
Sponsored

Ryneal21

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
would you be able to provide a link for these?

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just ordered the Curt receiver from Uhaul for $175. They also list another option from horizon global, who makes draw tite and Reese. The installation on that looked terrible though. You have to remove a lot body parts to get access.
An observation:
- the printed Horizon Global install guide notes “printed in Mexico” hints that HG may also be the OE hitch supplier?

Last edited:

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
anyone see the tow limit is 1000 higher than stock and also class 2 to class 3

OP
OP

Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The receivers can probably handle more, it probably says somewhere not to exceed manufacture limits lol

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Did they mention any modifications needing to be done to your bumper? The rear bumper is different for the hitch equipped bronco sports, mainly they have a recessed cutout for the hitch.

let us know how it goes!

OP
OP

Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they mention any modifications needing to be done to your bumper? The rear bumper is different for the hitch equipped bronco sports, mainly they have a recessed cutout for the hitch.

let us know how it goes!
They give you a template to cut it out.

Ford Bronco Sport UHAUL lists two receiver options BA8DD813-7A0C-4002-8A84-9BD7CDD0A572

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That DOES NOT mean the vehicle, even with that installed, can tow beyond the 2,207 lbs. Ford per this vehicle tow rating. Main thing for me, I wanted the 2" receiver. Tow my tractor on a flat trailer, mount the bike rack, that sort of thing, that's it. There are really cool, very lightweight overlanding trailers for hauling and sleeping -- but starting out around $7,000, up to $27,000 and more, wow!

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone been able to get an aftermarket tow hitch yet? Just picked up a badlands that was ordered but never taken, but it didn’t have the hitch option.Looking at the curt hitch, which seems to be the same as the uhaul part number, but looks to be back ordered until June....

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Has anyone been able to get an aftermarket tow hitch yet? Just picked up a badlands that was ordered but never taken, but it didn’t have the hitch option. Looking at the curt hitch, which seems to be the same as the uhaul part number, but looks to be back ordered until June....
I have the Curt hitch on order from etrailer, but my ship date just got pushed from 3/14 to mid-June. I called and they confirmed an "extreme" backorder from the manufacturer.

Uhaul can't tell me whether or not they actually have the hitches in stock anywhere. They just keep telling me to place an order online and see what happens. No thank you.

I tried calling a local Ford dealer, and they are not expecting any availability for OEM hitches until August-September.

Looks like we are SOL for a while unless something changes.

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I noticed, over the weekend, that a Badlands (on the dealer's lot) had a "cutout" on the rear bumper for the receiver and the wire harness -- different than those without the trailer tow package...

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I’m guessing Ford snapped up available inventory and production in order to get some Bronco Sports out the door!
Sponsored