Baby01

Big Bend
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Curious as to what others are using for fuel type on their BS?
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Curious as to what others are using for fuel type on their BS?

I'd assume most people are running 87 to 89 (RON+MON / 2) Octane unleaded fuel, and depending on where in the world they are, it might be 10% ethanol as well.

The folks who are towing or hill-climbing will likely be running 91 Octane to squeeze a bit more out of the engine (Ford uses at least two tuning curves for both the 1.5l I3t and 2.0l I4t engines).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Baby01

Baby01

Big Bend
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'd assume most people are running 87 to 89 (RON+MON / 2) Octane unleaded fuel, and depending on where in the world they are, it might be 10% ethanol as well.

The folks who are towing or hill-climbing will likely be running 91 Octane to squeeze a bit more out of the engine (Ford uses at least two tuning curves for both the 1.5l I3t and 2.0l I4t engines).
Thank you!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
87 Octane is supposed to be fine,.
The owners manual recommends premium for best performance.
Some people here were having fueling issues in high temperature climates and were told to run premium by their dealers.
I use premium in my Badlands and have not had any high temperature or any other fuel issues.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was using 91 during the summer. I was noticing a huge delay in power delivery to the point I brought it to the dealership.

Now that the weather is cooler, I’ve been running 87 without issue.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
87 in my 2.0 BL. 12,000 miles. Zero problems. If your engine doesn’t knock, 87 is fine. Ran it in my 350Z, two BMWs and four turbo Jeep Wranglers all with zero problems. Don’t fall into the 91 hype.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
The only non-ethanol fuel we have around here is 91 octane, so that is what I run in all my vehicles. And the Bronco Sport Owner's Manual states 91 octane will also have better engine performance.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
The only non-ethanol fuel we have around here is 91 octane, so that is what I run in all my vehicles. And the Bronco Sport Owner's Manual states 91 octane will also have better engine performance.
I'm with you. There is a 91 non-ethanol station on my way home from work for only 30 cents more a gallon so it makes sense.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Interesting. I hadn’t heard about the sport running two different fuel maps depending on the octane. But to clarify if a car tells you to use premium you should use what it calls for. A lot of forced induction vehicles (especially when we are talking about modded cars I know that’s not the case here) call for a higher octane to prevent pre detonation.
Sponsored