Tammy G

Outer Banks
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Hi I have a 2021 Outer Banks. I noticed every time I hit 93 MPH the trans clunks and there is a slight jerk. I took it to the dealer to check and they said there are no codes and they cannot test drive it at that speed so there is nothing they can do. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Sponsored

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hi I have a 2021 Outer Banks. I noticed every time I hit 93 MPH the trans clunks and there is a slight jerk. I took it to the dealer to check and they said there are no codes and they cannot test drive it at that speed so there is nothing they can do. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Hahhaa im not even going to qsk... but are sure it isnt a governor of some sort or checked your "mykey" speed limiter ... of course i guess it could just be the case that 92 is the top end the transmission can handle with the gear ratios ... seems unlikely ... where you find 90mph speed limits though? Fastest around me is 85 lol

OP
OP

Tammy G

Outer Banks
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Hahhaa im not even going to qsk... but are sure it isnt a governor of some sort or checked your "mykey" speed limiter ... of course i guess it could just be the case that 92 is the top end the transmission can handle with the gear ratios ... seems unlikely ... where you find 90mph speed limits though? Fastest around me is 85 lol
It can go way faster than 93 with no issues..
It just clunks and jerks at 93 every time

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I usually experience weird jerks the moment I let off the gas, it's not constant, nor at any particular speed. But I really notice it when going into turns because it feels like it's about to stall out.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a BL and constantly drive 80-100 mph on highways/parkways. No issues like that over here; even on hills

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
nothing like that here. but that seems kinda quick, no?

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just because there aren’t highways that you legally go over 75 in most states doesn’t mean that your vehicle should start falling apart at 93 mph, they should definitely be taking a look at it

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Take a Technician with you for a test drive . I don't think Ford will warranty speeding over the Speed limits. Not sure a Tech. will even be permitted to go with you at those speeds .

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Take a Technician with you for a test drive . I don't think Ford will warranty speeding over the Speed limits. Not sure a Tech. will even be permitted to go with you at those speeds .
For liability reasons alone I'd be surprised if you could find a shop that will assist you with a real-world diagnosis.

However if you can find a shop or tuner with a 4-wheel dynamometer, you should be able to safely conduct a test.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
For liability reasons alone I'd be surprised if you could find a shop that will assist you with a real-world diagnosis.

However if you can find a shop or tuner with a 4-wheel dynamometer, you should be able to safely conduct a test.
Now thats a good idea !

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I take a 60 mile drive on a 75 mph highway once a week, usually hit close to 90 from time to time and no problems.
Sponsored