Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Has anybody see this…

My mechanic discovered this leak during an oil change. I think it’s the transmission cooler.

Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Sport Transmission cooler leak IMG_3159
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I haven't seen the transmission fluid for these vehicles yet, but that looks like the orange coolant.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Make sure something above aint leaking down on it.

alishakihs

Base
First Name
alisha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motoby
If you suspect a transmission cooler leak in your vehicle, it's essential to address the issue promptly to prevent damage to your transmission. Here are some steps you can take:
1. Identify the leak: Look for signs of transmission fluid dripping or pooling under your vehicle. The transmission cooler is usually located near the radiator, so check that area for any signs of leakage.
1. Confirm the source: Transmission fluid can also leak from other components, such as the transmission pan or cooler lines. Carefully inspect these areas to ensure that the cooler is the source of the leak.
1. Check fluid levels: If you suspect a leak, check the transmission fluid level using the dipstick (refer to your vehicle's owner's manual for specific instructions). If the fluid level is significantly low, it indicates a leak.
1. Address the leak: Depending on the severity of the leak, you have a few options:
- Minor leak: If the leak is small and you catch it early, you may be able to address it by tightening any loose connections or replacing a faulty gasket. However, keep in mind that temporary fixes may not provide a long-term solution.
- Major leak: If the leak is significant or you're unsure about the extent of the damage, it's best to have a professional inspect and repair the transmission cooler. They will have the necessary expertise and equipment to diagnose the issue accurately and recommend the appropriate repairs.
1. Consider professional assistance: Given the complexity of transmission systems, it's generally advisable to have a qualified mechanic or technician handle transmission cooler repairs. They can evaluate the extent of the damage, replace any faulty components, and ensure the transmission is functioning correctly. Donkey Kong

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
If it's still under warranty, this is easy...have the dealership identify the leak and repair it.

OP
OP
KlondikeCarl

KlondikeCarl

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Dealer said it was a "leak coming from the vent tube". Fixed under warranty.
I have my mechanic do the oil changes and inspection. Independent 3rd party doing the inspection.
Sponsored