Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
To do a deal for a new BS I had to trade my 2013 Ford C-Max hybrid with 90k. The various guides suggested reail values in the 7-8 range but the last thing I wanted to do was to try and sell it myself. So I got the following offers all on-line.
Ford dealer $6,000
Carmax. $6,200
Carnavan. $6,485
KBB. $6,585
The Ford dealer I actually bought from accepted the KBB offer with just a visual inspection to confirm my stated condition. Trading it effectively saved me a little over $400 in tax so I was happy as a clam to net $7,000 in a fairly hassel free manner.
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
To do a deal for a new BS I had to trade my 2013 Ford C-Max hybrid with 90k. The various guides suggested reail values in the 7-8 range but the last thing I wanted to do was to try and sell it myself. So I got the following offers all on-line.
Ford dealer $6,000
Carmax. $6,200
Carnavan. $6,485
KBB. $6,585
The Ford dealer I actually bought from accepted the KBB offer with just a visual inspection to confirm my stated condition. Trading it effectively saved me a little over $400 in tax so I was happy as a clam to net $7,000 in a fairly hassel free manner.
I had a slightly higher offer from Carvana vs the dealer. When I looked at the tax savings with the trade, it was better for me to trade my car on the BS.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I got an outstanding trade in offer for my 2011 Mustang V6 with over 100K on it for trade in on my BS , was surprised at the offer, not used to getting more then I expected from research .

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
CarMax offered me a 6K higher offer than the dealer. My dealership told me that CarMax is offering insane amount for cars. The dealers are even having a hard time at the auctions because of CarMax over bidding to get them. Might be a goof idea to at least go in there and have them appraise it.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Don't get a used car at CarMax I guess.

BroncoSportVA

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My dealer super lowballed my trade-in of a vw jetta sportwagen. Their inspection was to find everything wrong to reduce the price from KBB, despite a number of invoiced repairs/maintenance work done internally (eg changed brake rotors recently) that should increase the value.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Book on my transit connect van was 6,000 and that's what My dealer wanted to give me on trade.
On my Base model, before the price increases back in December.
I showed minor hesitation on signing the deal and paying the Full 28,000 with no discounts.
They upped it to $7,000 and I signed right then.
The van did $7300 at the auction.
Ford knows it's business very well.

Coach Rich

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend and 2017 Toyota Tacoma
I traded in a 2020 Honda Civic with 5K miles on it. Carmax had it at $22,500 and the dealer gave me $22,500. I was shocked, no haggling on it. No, " We'll give you $21,500 for it but you save the balance in taxes. Very pleasant buying experience.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I am going to buy my Bronco first and then after that sell my '14 CRV to Carmax or one of the other car sales crooks. I am not going to deal with the sales clowns jerking me around on trade in value while my special order BS sits on the lot. Last time I traded was in '13 when I bought the CRV and it took three days to get decent trade in price on '09 Pilot Touring AWD with 59k miles on it. I do not care about trade in save taxes ect. There isn't any savings they want all the "savings" to go to them....nope not gonna do it....

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
I had a slightly higher offer from Carvana vs the dealer. When I looked at the tax savings with the trade, it was better for me to trade my car on the BS.
Tried to trade in my 2014 Focus ST with 56K miles, but the dealer only offered me $10K. The salesperson I was working with suggested I take it to Carmax which I did and got $13k. Came and picked me up in the Bronco I purchased. A little extra work for a $3K difference was worth it. Carmax was quick too.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Delays in new car production for all makes is making the used car market go bonkers. As much as I have been disappointed in delays for my badlands build (ordered 2/9 hoping for 6/15 delivery) I am looking at a $2.5k upper for my trade in based on an updated Carmax offer. That takes hurt off of waiting a bit.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Lot of people are speculating used cars prices are going to be going even higher then they are right now.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Delays in new car production for all makes is making the used car market go bonkers. As much as I have been disappointed in delays for my badlands build (ordered 2/9 hoping for 6/15 delivery) I am looking at a $2.5k upper for my trade in based on an updated Carmax offer. That takes hurt off of waiting a bit.
Me too.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I am going to buy my Bronco first and then after that sell my '14 CRV to Carmax or one of the other car sales crooks. I am not going to deal with the sales clowns jerking me around on trade in value while my special order BS sits on the lot. Last time I traded was in '13 when I bought the CRV and it took three days to get decent trade in price on '09 Pilot Touring AWD with 59k miles on it. I do not care about trade in save taxes ect. There isn't any savings they want all the "savings" to go to them....nope not gonna do it....
What do you mean you dont like the savings from sales tax? This is real money depending on the car your trading in. In my instance, I saved $1300. Makes no sense to not even see what the dealer would give you.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
What do you mean you dont like the savings from sales tax? This is real money depending on the car your trading in. In my instance, I saved $1300. Makes no sense to not even see what the dealer would give you.
Your right, maybe I'll let the sales crooks quote a trade in. Maybe....
Sponsored