Sargent28

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang
So, my OB is (allegedly) on the way here. Realized that somehow I forgot to add the tow package which is a huge disappointment. I see that there is a class 2 hitch on the accessories page so is it safe to assume that the BS that don't hae a tow package a hitch and harness can be installed by the dealer without too much of a hassle?

Thanks in advance, really kicking myself for not getting it.
Sponsored

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I think it's possible. I don't think it will be a Dealer Installed Option and it might cost extra for them to install, but contact your dealer to verify.

OP
OP
Sargent28

Sargent28

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang
Hmm, I would have thought the dealer would be the preferred POC just because it looks like the rear bumper needs to be changed out.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
A hitch and harness is typically pretty easy to install, I have done it on many vehicles. The one caveat of dealer-installed vs. factory-tow package is the full-sized spare. It is doubtful that the dealer-installed option will include the full-sized spare. That may or may not be a concern for you, as many use the hitch for accessories, not towing.

OP
OP
Sargent28

Sargent28

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang
Yeah I have installed them too, just don't want to deal with the bumper cutout and all that. I plan on just buying a fullsize anyway.

OP
OP
Sargent28

Sargent28

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang
I guess itshard to tell whether the rear bumper on ones without the hitch need to be replaced or if there's an insert or something to remove. Hard to know without seeing in person.

Sosa

Base
First Name
Enoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I guess itshard to tell whether the rear bumper on ones without the hitch need to be replaced or if there's an insert or something to remove. Hard to know without seeing in person.
The rear bumper without the hitch is a one piece bumper that would have to be cut to install the hitch. I've been wanting to add a hitch but really don't want to cutout the bumper so might just wait for some aftermarket bumper options. I really want a recover point not really going to be towing anything.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
As a $395 option the Tow Package including a full size spare and “sway control” software is a really good deal. If your not planning on actually towing and just adding a bike rack or recovery point not having sway control and the full size spare is probably less of a deal if you go with an aftermarket hitch. I doesn't look like the tow package includes and extra cooling on the Bronco Sport like it does on some vehicles.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
As a $395 option the Tow Package including a full size spare and “sway control” software is a really good deal. If your not planning on actually towing and just adding a bike rack or recovery point not having sway control and the full size spare is probably less of a deal if you go with an aftermarket hitch. I doesn't look like the tow package includes and extra cooling on the Bronco Sport like it does on some vehicles.
$495 option on Badlands and Outer Banks! But anyway, I'm not sure you can really get an equivalent hitch receiver installation -- even with the wiring -- for only $395? Then there's the receiver-specific factory bumper you'll miss out on -- much better integration.

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
When we got our Ranger the hitch was a big thing for us. The one They were trining to sell use did not have one. The one they install is not part of the bumper, it goes under it with a pig tail for the wiring also not part of the bumper ether. We told them no factory tow no go. In the end they found one with a hitch.
Would ask the dealer if that is the case with a dealer install on the BS as well.

Last edited:

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
So. Online (build and price) it shows ob+ob for $1595 has a tow hitch. Unless I read that wrong. I just gave $500 for a deposit and they added tow on top of ob+ob+copilot 360

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hitch Dealer Install? Screenshot_20210331-230319_Firefox

Last edited:

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm pretty sure the tow package is separate but it is confusing. They show the hitch in the picture but it is not in the description you show, or when you add the package on the builder:
Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hitch Dealer Install? 1617307790305

FWIW on our OB without the OB package it was extra, but well worth it given what the harness, hitch, and installation costs 3rd party.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I'm glad to have that confirmed. Also a full size spare will be nice.

Pallando

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
[NW North Carolina] Just received my BB back from the dealer for a tow hitch install. Both parts (hitch and wiring kit) were priced as advertised on the Ford Accessories website. The issue came with labor. This dealer had yet to install a tow hitch on the new Broncos and estimated a 2-hour job based on other Ford models. When they received it, however, it came with a 25 pg manual and a more complex install than they anticipated as others have pointed out in the forums. Wound up being 5 hours of labor.

To their credit, I used my Ford Pass Rewards points for some additional accessories + install, and they only charged me for the accessories at retail price (no install charge) even though they had estimated 1-1.5 hr for labor.
Sponsored