Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
What dice tires do you have? I ordered the 225/65 17 instead of the larger 235/65 17. Wondering what the will look like on my badlands.
right now I have the standard wheel on the Badlands. 225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Sponsored

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Dealer called me to say my order just came in. Was able to come by about 5 hours later.
Badlands, no BL package, Tow Pkg, 360 Assist+
-
Driving - Power, Cornering, Brakes, Acceleration all adequate. Very nice, no major problems. No excessive body roll. You could feel the 2.0 liter in normal mode, Sport mode letā€™s you have more fun. summary driving is fine, and fun. nothing bad stands out. Steering is nice and responsive too. going over speed bumps with the suspension is satisfying / very smooth but not saying i go faster over speed bumps lol.

Cabin - took a while to find all the functions. rotary dial will take some getting used to. everything feels pretty ergonomic. Everything feels like theyā€™re right where they should be, expect i wish the headlight control was still controlled by twisting the blinker arm (just something iā€™m used to and donā€™t think it should move). but with automatic headlights i might not even have to mess with headlights at all. Engine noise is low, i didnā€™t notice it until i wanted to hear it. I also had music on so thatā€™s probably why. but nonetheless it barely makes it into the cabin, the sound itself is pretty nice tho. seats (unique cloth) are comfy, probably will break in a bit more. i like the light blue glow for the buttons. visibility is adequate, less than my subaru forester tho which has great visibility. cameras arenā€™t low quality which is a great relief.

Size - this is hard to explain. Itā€™s not big, and it doesnā€™t seem small either. In comparison to some cars it makes the BS seem smaller, but in its own it seems larger. Up close it looks larger too, but also feels like a subcompact suv. haha i know that was confusing, the shape of the car just really messes with my perception of the size loool. One of the photos is compared with a 2010 Subaru Forester. BS is taller and wider, but sliiightly shorter in length.

Main takeaway / honest afterthoughts - Canā€™t wait to take this up the mountain for Snowboard season, and also some off shoots while taking this on dirt, sand, and snow. Iā€™m gonna baby it just a little bit, but not afraid to take it on some terrain soon. Looks wise, itā€™s too shiny for me rn i need to matte it out w some dirt / grime lol. As with all big purchases i felt a very tiny bit of buyers remorse as i still want a bigger vehicle, but thatā€™s not to say iā€™m not happy with the BS / i donā€™t want it. But pretty sure the remorse comes from financing the vehicle (just feels like i canā€™t afford it). Feels like i left my subaru fam but also excited to see other Broncos / Bronco Sports on / off the road. Will slowly add accessories to make it look more rugged and of course to add functionality. I like it, gotta get used to some of the placements coming from a different car. will post more later on.
any questions ask them below!

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions A35D8D05-02B8-48D7-93D2-81C0F12C0BE7

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 2931FB55-3E62-44D7-8A1E-78FA7725F880

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 75308521-B6DF-4D41-BE29-B9CBF30F22FB

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 95BACD8A-59FD-42C2-AEA6-C45E18BE1224

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 197F55DB-1638-402F-BF0B-0B5037437B7E

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 26FDA120-0C59-4B10-81D9-FFB5EC70D631
Pics are awesome, we were able to test drive a BL before ordering so know what you mean about the deceptive size. Can't wait to get ours!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op, that, " It looks big but it's not" thing.
Same impression with me.
Picture the first drawing on paper.
The designers drew a max dimension box.
The goal was to keep all the outter edges of the vehicle as close to the edges of that box they scratched in with a pencil.
Then repeat with the interior.

Great execution Ford, Take a bow :'P

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Op, that, " It looks big but it's not" thing.
Same impression with me.
Picture the first drawing on paper.
The designers drew a max dimension box.
The goal was to keep all the outter edges of the vehicle as close to the edges of that box they scratched in with a pencil.
Then repeat with the interior.

Great execution Ford, Take a bow :'P
exactly. it has the same dimensions as a land rover so it appears large, but in real life it might remind you of a renegade, but itā€™s still bigger than a renegade. inside is the same story, itā€™s very roomy for what it is. very impressed

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My Badlands was not the "BL Package" and thus I did not end up with the leather seating, however, the higher end cloth interior and NO sunroof. My question is, did I make a mistake there not having a sunroof? My last SUV was a 2010 Wrangler that I had purchased new in 2010, ever since then I have driven sedans with sunroofs. It kind of keeps me up at night, I don't know if it is a resale value issue or just personal want. Just curious if I am missing a crucial piece of equipment.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
My Badlands was not the "BL Package" and thus I did not end up with the leather seating, however, the higher end cloth interior and NO sunroof. My question is, did I make a mistake there not having a sunroof? My last SUV was a 2010 Wrangler that I had purchased new in 2010, ever since then I have driven sedans with sunroofs. It kind of keeps me up at night, I don't know if it is a resale value issue or just personal want. Just curious if I am missing a crucial piece of equipment.
I'd rather NOT have a sunroof - makes for more headroom, more stable/stronger roof (for loading/tents), no problems with sunroof drains clogging and making the floor wet (went through that with the 2010 Escape-what a nightmare), and one less thing to break.

The moonroof is the one thing I do NOT want in the BL package. Alas, i do like the heated steering wheel and want it.
I am REALLY hoping 2022 will make it a stand alone option i can AVOID. I hate it being bundled with the BL pkg.

Don't worry: I think you will do just fine without a sunroof.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'd rather NOT have a sunroof - makes for more headroom, more stable/stronger roof (for loading/tents), no problems with sunroof drains clogging and making the floor wet (went through that with the 2010 Escape-what a nightmare), and one less thing to break.

The moonroof is the one thing I do NOT want in the BL package. Alas, i do like the heated steering wheel and want it.
I am REALLY hoping 2022 will make it a stand alone option i can AVOID. I hate it being bundled with the BL pkg.

Don't worry: I think you will do just fine without a sunroof.
Thanks, I forget about the issues related. My last car had drainage issues that constantly would flood the interior. Good thing to note! Thanks again!

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
cactus grey
I have the very same one.... blacked out the lettering with some plastic dip, added a front skid plate from Rally Innovtions and some Thule wing bars... still up in the air on my choice of cargo basket... wanted a Yakima Off Grid... but spending too much already, go figure...

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions IMG_6902
Sponsored