Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Does yours have the "intelligent access" front door handles that lock/unlock when you touch them if key is detected?
yes. I love it. Pretty much i could go the whole day with the keys in my pocket the whole time. Unlocks when you grab the handle, and unlocks fairly quick, almost no lag. When you love the car just touch the lock area on the handle (dont have to push any buttons) and you can hear the doors lock. not sure if it makes a beeping sound or not will find out later.
Sponsored

Jetydosa

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Congrats, very nice! I also have a Forester and considering one of these.

Odd request - if possible could you take a picture of the view out/straight ahead from sitting behind the passenger seat? My kid gets carsick easily and seeing the road helps...curious as to how much of the road she could see from the back seat. Cheers and enjoy!

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Thanks so much for confirming! Agree this is a must-have feature for me but ford site wasn't super clear on it.

I got pretty much the exact build as you except area 51.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
How do you rate the rubberized flooring? Does it seem cheap or unfinished? Did you get the rubber mats as well?
rubber flooring (under all carpet / floor liners) isnā€™t the best to look at but also is not flimsy / cheap looking. it is formed to the shape of the floors pretty well and doesnā€™t feel loose. pressing it has a dense foam feel to it.

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 595852BE-2535-4737-AF16-A13EDF8FC039

now with the rubber floor liner add-on, those look a lot nicer. looks high quality, keeps the functionality of rubber floors. i really love the looks of them, makes it seem more rugged. looks better in the day vs at night with flash. molds well with the lines and corners of the floor.
Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 14BD2D98-2B56-45A0-8979-1905C05AC0B7

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 20E34ACE-B23E-473F-B276-E0CAF0F32AA1

carpet mats are nice as well. great look and feel to make it feel more of a daily driver. looks slightly more cozy / comfortable. sorry forgot to take photos :/

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Congrats, very nice! I also have a Forester and considering one of these.

Odd request - if possible could you take a picture of the view out/straight ahead from sitting behind the passenger seat? My kid gets carsick easily and seeing the road helps...curious as to how much of the road she could see from the back seat. Cheers and enjoy!
will try to remember to take a photo tomorrow! Foresters have great visibility so try not to expect anything better looking into the bronco sport. the back seats i believe they mimic ā€˜stadium seatingā€™ where it sits higher than the front so maybe that helps to see more of the pavement from the back seats, depending on how tall your kid is. if you go with the bronco sport with car sickness in mind, maybe getting one with the moonroof will help? just to get more outside visibility in.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
just gonna provide small updates as I go. took it on some dirt on the side of the road and itā€™s fun to feel the back end swing around a bit using weight transfer. i havenā€™t fully sent it yet but just tried a small bit of the sand mode.

also - it picks up dirt pretty easy. there are some body lines on the back of the car that almost sit flat where dirt could sit on top as will as the rear bumper. not complaining at all it looks better with dirt on it imo. it was wayyy too shiny pulling it out of the dealership hahaha. i need to take that tire shine off.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wonder if Weather Tech is making the rubber liners for Ford. I have them in my Forester and love them.

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
rubber flooring (under all carpet / floor liners) isnā€™t the best to look at but also is not flimsy / cheap looking. it is formed to the shape of the floors pretty well and doesnā€™t feel loose. pressing it has a dense foam feel to it.

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 595852BE-2535-4737-AF16-A13EDF8FC039

now with the rubber floor liner add-on, those look a lot nicer. looks high quality, keeps the functionality of rubber floors. i really love the looks of them, makes it seem more rugged. looks better in the day vs at night with flash. molds well with the lines and corners of the floor.
Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 14BD2D98-2B56-45A0-8979-1905C05AC0B7

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 20E34ACE-B23E-473F-B276-E0CAF0F32AA1

carpet mats are nice as well. great look and feel to make it feel more of a daily driver. looks slightly more cozy / comfortable. sorry forgot to take photos :/
Thanks for taking the time. Good photos.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Took it on its first dirt trail. Drove for about 1.5 hours taking pictures and feeling how it handles on this forest road ive taken numerous times with my '10 forester. First very noticeable difference is the suspension, its soo nice. My forester felt like it was thrown all over the place going over even small ruts. The BS rides so smooth. Also got to test how crawling feels like going up a moderately steep and rutted hill with some loose dirt. The power is there, even the slightest inputs on the gas help you get up without feeling like you need momentum to make it. Wheels only spun at the top when cresting/breaking over to get back on the main trail. Keep in mind, I was going as slow as I could to see what its capable of and also the dirt had a loose layer on top which makes it more difficult. My forester can also make the same climb, but ive always done it with a bit of momentum and my foot on the gas a bit more. Without the front camera, cresting small hills seems just slightly nerve racking not being able to see much of the ground directly in front of you, but I for sure could still manage without the camera. But also, the Bronco Sport was 100% in its element off pavement. Rubberized flooring + Floor Liners came into play having rained / snowed on out of nowhere. I dont have to worry about my carpet getting dirty now haha

On Road: just this day ive gotten about 4 thumbs up from other drivers. felt cool loool. But it is for sure a head turner and I think that will continue for a bit, especially as we get more accessories / fabrication going for the BS.

With the 2.0 Liter: 3 days of owning, about 350 miles, 2 x round trip up a mountain, mixed city / highway driving, idling (learning the interior controls), and 1 forest road session = 21.7 mpg

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions IMG_9695
Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions IMG_9649
Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions IMG_9704
Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions IMG_9699

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Elboy thanks for the review, your comparison to the Forester is especially helpful. Did the mudflaps come standard on your Sport?

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
@Elboy thanks for the review, your comparison to the Forester is especially helpful. Did the mudflaps come standard on your Sport?
glad i could be of help! mudflats were optional!

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...future owner of Bronco Sport
thank you! nice choice! haha, itā€™ll be worth the wait. Stock speakers do well. Nothing impressive, but also nothing below average. Iā€™m able to enjoy the music i play while driving and thatā€™s all that really matters to me. but i donā€™t wanna downplay it at all, they sound good. just not fantastic. Iā€™ve also seen someone else mention the B&O sound system is all that amazing either. sure itā€™s an upgrade but nothing mind blowing. also need some time to mess with the levels then maybe iā€™ll get the full experience!

also side note iā€™ve seen in other reviews. the blinker noise is a bit louder than average lol. of course not a deal breaker, but itā€™s just a little funny to me that all
I currently have a Chevy Equinox lease and the blinker noise is very loud. Two people I was on the phone with mentioned it...

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I currently have a Chevy Equinox lease and the blinker noise is very loud. Two people I was on the phone with mentioned it...
I noticed my wife's new CX-5's turn signal sound while on the phone with her as well. Later, when I was actually in the vehicle, I came across a setting on the HMI that allows setting the turn-signal volume. That fixed it.

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What dice tires do you have? I ordered the 225/65 17 instead of the larger 235/65 17. Wondering what the will look like on my badlands.
Sponsored