BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
same here... when i got my Badlands in January i noticed the tires were at 40 and 41. Seems to be a thing alot of dealers do, idk if theres a reason that im not aware of or just careless but i lowered them to 33 when i got home from the dealer
Sponsored

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Checking the tire air pressure seems to be something dealers miss way too often in prepping the units. My tires were all over 40 PSI. I have them adjusted to 34 now. It gets hot in OK and I'm heading to NM this week. Tires really inflate on hot pavement at highway speeds. If they go over forty PSI on the road, I'll let a little more air out.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The reason the tires are over inflated is because 40 psi is the pressure needed to seat the tire bead to the rim when the tire is mounted. The tire pressure is not being reset after installation at factory level, and looking like it isn't happening during dealer PDI on a regular basis either.

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Same here. Mine were anywhere from 43 to 49 which is unnaceptable in my mind and here's why. I graduated in 1981 and went to work at a local Ford dealership doing pre-deliveries. It was my job to vacuum the inside, wash and chamois the outside, clean the windows inside and out including removing the window sticker, remove all grease crayon markings, top off the fluids and set tire pressures according to the tag on the door jam. The customers deserved a vehicle that was spotless and as close to perfect as possible. What they did with it after it left the dealership was up to them. Clearly, pre-delivery is not what it used to be. If you want something done right, better off doing it yourself.

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
My dealer replaced the air with nitrogen but still overinflated. I didn't request this service but they did it with my Mustang when I took delivery also.

OR maybe they just put nitrogen caps on the valve stem??

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I decreased the pressure on my tires yesterday to 34 PSI, using an accurate dial gauge with a brass button to depress and watch the pressure decrease. The car wasn't started. Some time later I was in the garage and pulled out my phone and checked the tire pressure on the Ford Pass app. When I opened the app I began to hear noised under the hood. All these noises of fans running, valves opening and closing, clicking noises bug me. I have fears of a dead battery in a remote location so I ordered a jump box which came yesterday for our upcoming trip to NM. Small enough to put in the spare tire compartment along with a set of jumper cables. Wearing a belt and suspenders.

trevino27

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS Badlands
After pickin up my Badlands, I've driven 1800 miles over the last two months before realizing my tires were at 44 psi. Obviously, I should have checked sooner. Have I caused any lasting damage to the tires or the wheels or the vehicle? Appreciate any thoughts.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
After pickin up my Badlands, I've driven 1800 miles over the last two months before realizing my tires were at 44 psi. Obviously, I should have checked sooner. Have I caused any lasting damage to the tires or the wheels or the vehicle? Appreciate any thoughts.
I'm sure you'll be fine, drop them down to 33 psi, any wear pattern should be even on the tires anyway.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The upside, overinflated without damage usually isn't a big deal. Just drop them to 33 and it should be fine. If they had been under inflated it could reduce tire longevity and potentially damage the sidewalls so ultimately better too much than not enough for short term issues.

Last edited:

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
That's my question. What is the impact of overinflation? Anything negative?
Does it lower MPG, stopping distance, tire wear, drivability, comfort?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
That's my question. What is the impact of overinflation? Anything negative?
Does it lower MPG, stopping distance, tire wear, drivability, comfort?
It can reduce stopping distance, reduce handling and make for a bouncier or harder ride.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It can reduce stopping distance, reduce handling and make for a bouncier or harder ride.
That's pretty much it. And increase risk of a blowout on a cratered impact, like say, any road in Michigan...but gretch the witch vowed to fix em. Overinflate isn't as good as under. In winter I run 35-6
Sponsored