Captain Trips

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My apologies if this has been answered before, but I'm lazy and don't want to search through hundreds of threads and answers to find what i'm looking for.

I need new tires, and I want to know if simply increasing the tire width from 225 to a 235 or 245 will bring the tire closer to edge of the wheel well, or do I need to also change the wheels to one with a different offset? The stock 225's sit inside the wheel just a little far IMO.

Also I have read many of these threads, and still am not sure if I can run 245's on BB with no lift and have no rubbing issues under any circumstances.
Sponsored

B-Dog15

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My apologies if this has been answered before, but I'm lazy and don't want to search through hundreds of threads and answers to find what i'm looking for.

I need new tires, and I want to know if simply increasing the tire width from 225 to a 235 or 245 will bring the tire closer to edge of the wheel well, or do I need to also change the wheels to one with a different offset? The stock 225's sit inside the wheel just a little far IMO.

Also I have read many of these threads, and still am not sure if I can run 245's on BB with no lift and have no rubbing issues under any circumstances.
I have BFG KO2 in 245/65r17 with no lift and have no rubbing at all lock to lock. Also tested this with minor articulation and still no rubbing. I posted a thread about it a couple of weeks ago and there are very insightful comments on there from others as well.

OP
OP
Captain Trips

Captain Trips

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have BFG KO2 in 245/65r17 with no lift and have no rubbing at all lock to lock. Also tested this with minor articulation and still no rubbing. I posted a thread about it a couple of weeks ago and there are very insightful comments on there from others as well.
Do the 245's bring the tire closer to the edge of the fender, or does it still sit slightly inside the wheel well.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think he is asking about getting a bit more "poke" out of the tires on the OE Wheels. To answer your question, yes it will overall. To achieve nearly perfect fitment requires choosing a tire with appropriate tread design, however. To my knowledge, simply going with a wider tire will have better fitment but to get perfect fitment requires specific tire selection and/or a combination of different offset. For example, I have the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss and after market wheels, but my fitment is perfect. I don't specifically recall, but I believe my wheels are the same offset as OEM.

Effectively, the gap will decrease by half of the new width (since it is wider overall) so going 10mm (20mm, etc) wider will have your tire be 5mm closer to the fender edge.

Short answer is yes

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I added 20 mm wheel spacers. I like the look of the stance and the driving of it widened more than just a wider tire. And I have the bushwacker flares so it looks good because they’d look even more recessed.

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I went with 235/65/17 BFG Trails because the tire retailers I called had those in stock which I thought important should I have an issue with one down the road.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Sport Tire width question Grabber_UHP255-55-R18
General Grabber 255 55 R18 on Outer Banks. No rubbing, but close fit up front. Lots of room in rear.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire width question CAR3.JPG

OP
OP
Captain Trips

Captain Trips

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Thanks for the help guys. I decided on Falken Wildpeak AT4's. They should be getting installed this afternoon. I'll post some pics when I can.

TonyACK

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Here is a web link to help with different tire sizes

https://tiresize.com/comparison/?fbclid=IwAR1pNKlXI4EX77OGA2HkszNm54uiBK1d8nvpzatWNomROACw-IWUevUr9xE

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My optional Falkens 235/65-17 are exactly flush with the stock Badlands wheel well molding. No spacers and stock wheels. The standard optional mud flaps are even as well.

OP
OP
Captain Trips

Captain Trips

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Tire width question PXL_20221023_190305583

So mine is the one on the left. I'm hoping to get the look of the one on the right by just increasing to 245's. Even half way there would probably be okay. I'd rather not have to replace the wheels, I actually like the stock wheels, and the options for the BS with a negative offset, at a decent price, that I actually like are few. In fact I've yet to see one that I truly like. I had hoped to have the new Falken Wildpeak AT4's installed yesterday but Discount Tire screwed up the order, so now I'll have to wait till my next day off to get them installed.
Sponsored