Tire advice

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
After taking a BS with the Wildpeaks for a spin at the Off-Roadeo I'm ready to upgrade the tires on mine from the Scorpion ATRs.

I'm looking at 4 different tires and would appreciate some input.

Wildpeak AT3W 235/65/17 - I'm leaning towards this one because it's basically a factory offered tire
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 245/65/17 - had the Nittos recommended by a friend, seems like they have good reviews
Toyo Open Country AT3 235/65/17 - seems like these are a popular choice and have good reviews
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus 245/65/17 - looks like this might be the quietest but it's a bit more expensive

I'm looking for something capable but also quiet on the road and one that isn't going to be too much of an MPG hit compared to the Scorpion ATRs.
Sponsored

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those tires. All have an aggressive tread. As far as road noise, I have the Wildpeaks, I can't hear much but can feel it a little. As far as "quiet" goes, I don't think you're gonna tell the difference in those but will notice some compared to the stock tires. Same with mpg, slight difference. Just my opinion.

Fire821

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Silver
I went with the Wildpeak and love them. Very little noticeable change in road noise and fuel mileage. plus they look great!.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Ford Bronco Sport Tire advice 166A5E6F-9AAE-463A-9A19-A6A212C880DE

bfg ko2 stock size 225/65/17

tuff tire, unreal for crawling thru and up stuff haha. road noise is def there, radios make that go away.
im curious to see what they do in our extreme winters up here, on sheer ice. they are winter rated, but man it gets cold af here.

either of your op choices will do you well.

crexmond

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
The Terra Grappler G2 is a decent all-around tire. If you want something a little more aggressive, check out the Nitto ridge grappler. It is better in the mud and dirt. A bit louder but still quieter than an MT tire.

SlapLeather

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
No rub at full lock with that size right? Thinking of doing the same
No rub until I installed 1 1/2” Wheel Spacers. Now I have a slight rub on the Pinch Weld. I’m going to Lift her a bit and give her a workout before I grind, if necessary.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
The Wildpeak AT in 235/65-17 (factory upgrade tire) are a great choice. Very capable off-road and well-balanced for driving on pavement. If you spend a lot of time off-road, especially on the more rugged trails, I would recommend the KO2’s (personal preference) or other similar tire with larger tread lugs to better withstand the beating they’ll get on those trails.

I’m curious to see how the Wildpeaks will handle in the coming weeks/ months for winter driving. My KO2’s, Nittos and Duratracs have all been great up until driving on ice/ slush. The Duratracs probably handle the winter conditions best of that group and I get more miles out of them.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m al
The Wildpeak AT in 235/65-17 (factory upgrade tire) are a great choice. Very capable off-road and well-balanced for driving on pavement. If you spend a lot of time off-road, especially on the more rugged trails, I would recommend the KO2’s (personal preference) or other similar tire with larger tread lugs to better withstand the beating they’ll get on those trails.

I’m curious to see how the Wildpeaks will handle in the coming weeks/ months for winter driving. My KO2’s, Nittos and Duratracs have all been great up until driving on ice/ slush. The Duratracs probably handle the winter conditions best of that group and I get more miles out of them.
I’m also curious how the Wildpeak A/T3’s will do in the winter.
Sponsored