Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is a video review of driving the Maverick FX4 in snow by Driving Sports TV. The Maverick is built on the same C2 platform as the Bronco Sport, and the FX4 trim uses many of the same drivetrain components and driving modes as the Bronco Sport. If nothing else, the video offers some clues about the best way to get the most out of your Bronco Sport in the snow.

Sponsored

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for sharing. Interesting video and very topical with 9 inches of snow in the forecast here today. Several of his bronco sport videos are really what helped push me in this direction when I was vehicle shopping

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So apparently the 2022 Maverick does not have the 4x4 and rear lock. I would like to see a BS badlands done on this course. Interesting sand mode is best for the deeper snow than slippery which many are finding. You need that wheel slip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jrl

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
This is a video review of driving the Maverick FX4 in snow by Driving Sports TV. The Maverick is built on the same C2 platform as the Bronco Sport, and the FX4 trim uses many of the same drivetrain components and driving modes as the Bronco Sport. If nothing else, the video offers some clues about the best way to get the most out of your Bronco Sport in the snow.

OTOH, you could just drive like this guy.

Deleted member 6568

My tip? BFG Ko2 tires. I've had to stop twice now, going over the pass at 3:00 AM, for drivers who lost control on all season tires... In the white Toyota the guy barely spoke English. When I stopped to see if he was ok, the first thing out of my mouth was "You've got to get some winter tires!" I think he was some sort of doctor... While I was speaking to him his passenger side front tire was still spinning!

Ford Bronco Sport Tips  for driving in snow. 6BF9A11D-0F36-425E-A0D8-1C0496B35592

Ford Bronco Sport Tips  for driving in snow. IMG_R_0028

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
This guy does a pretty good video. It’s not all babbled up with too much tech talk or too little.
His test roads are the right kind for the baby Bronc. Would be nothing to the Big Bronco but perfect for the crossover vehicles.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
My tip? BFG Ko2 tires. I've had to stop twice now, going over the pass at 3:00 AM, for drivers who lost control on all season tires... In the white Toyota the guy barely spoke English. When I stopped to see if he was ok, the first thing out of my mouth was "You've got to get some winter tires!" I think he was some sort of doctor... While I was speaking to him his passenger side front tire was still spinning!

Ford Bronco Sport Tips  for driving in snow. 6BF9A11D-0F36-425E-A0D8-1C0496B35592

Ford Bronco Sport Tips  for driving in snow. IMG_R_0028
i second the KO2s. awesome in the snow.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Put real snow tires on it. That'll solve any snow/ice issues you may have.
Or do what I did. Yokohama Geolandar G015 235 65R17..
They are AT’s but with a SNOW rating. IMO one of the best FOUR season All terrain tire out there But with a little better/more on road manners at the cost of a little less off road prowess.
Smooth quiet ride, fantastic tracking at all speeds. A joy in the rain. Climbs my steep loose gravel really well. No noticeable loss of Mpg’s as far as I can tell even tho they are 5 pounds heavier than my stock all season Conti’s.
Does the Falken wild peak have a snow rating ? I don’t think so. Does anyone know ?
The Falken’s seem to be the top choice Forum wide.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the Falken wild peak have a snow rating ? I don’t think so. Does anyone know ?
The Falken Wildpeak AT3W is rated for severe snow service (3 peak designation). That said, there is a lot of debate about what that designation means, mainly because the testing isn't very comprehensive. You can read details about the standard here, and some of the controversy here.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
We got snow on Monday and some more last night. I have the Scorpion AT+ and these treads clear themselves better than any other tire I've owned. Drove through fresh snow that wasn't plowed on Monday and had zero issues with traction. They are 3 peak rated.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best winter driving tips I've seen. Posted on fb my a cousin in Boise.
LOL! Me old Gaffer told me he was tired of the cold and planned to move someplace with a warmer climate. I said, "Really? Where are you thinking?"

"I'm going to make a giant snowball," he said, "and then I'm heading south. The first time someone asks me, 'Hey, what's that you're holding?' is where I'm going to stop.,"
Sponsored