THULE or YAKIMA - LIFT-ASSIST KAYAK CARRIER?

Reachn4dreams

Outer Banks
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Area 51
Hi! This is my first post here. I have a Bronco Sport Outer Banks with a sunroof. Has anyone had either the Thule or the Yakima Ford aftermarket accessory put on? If so, which one and what do you like about it? I called my dealership and they literally have never installed either of them before.
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i got a thule evo wingbar. i believe 53 inch.
also the thule feet.
i like it and its solid af.

welcome!

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I second Andy. I got the same. Solid. Looking forward to putting a canoe up top! I also have an OB with moonroof.

InspectorAdam

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Hi! This is my first post here. I have a Bronco Sport Outer Banks with a sunroof. Has anyone had either the Thule or the Yakima Ford aftermarket accessory put on? If so, which one and what do you like about it? I called my dealership and they literally have never installed either of them before.
FYI The Thule Wingbar bars do not work with either of the Lift Assist carriers. Not enough overhang of the bars. I am looking into the Yakima HD bars if I can just get the actual length measurements from someone to confirm.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
FYI The Thule Wingbar bars do not work with either of the Lift Assist carriers. Not enough overhang of the bars. I am looking into the Yakima HD bars if I can just get the actual length measurements from someone to confirm.
I got the 60in; order thru Ford its cheaper than Yakima.com, REI, etc..

Ford Bronco Sport THULE or YAKIMA - LIFT-ASSIST KAYAK CARRIER? 20210602_183810

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Pro tip! Thank you.

For those of you putting kayaks on the top. I have a pescador pro100 fishing kayak I’m gonna be tossing on the top of mine. Where is everyone anchoring the front of the kayak canoe to. Or are people just doing sides and back.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford

20210602_183810.jpg
I bought the same ones. I can confirm 60". I like the fact that they have t-slots for mounting gear. I have gas cans ... that will use them.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Pro tip! Thank you.

For those of you putting kayaks on the top. I have a pescador pro100 fishing kayak I’m gonna be tossing on the top of mine. Where is everyone anchoring the front of the kayak canoe to. Or are people just doing sides and back.
I saw someone use the towhooks

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I saw someone use the towhooks
I feel like that would scuff the paint. I had to add straps on my mini van under my hood using fender bolts

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I feel like that would scuff the paint. I had to add straps on my mini van under my hood using fender bolts
Just lay a thick towel between strap and where it touches the body if nothing else. Could put a nudge bar on the front ??

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Curious about this setup. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Thule Hullivator. Is the Thule Evo Wingbar Ford offers 53" or 60"? "EDIT" Just confirmed with Thule the one Ford offers is only 53". Curious if the 53" length gives enough clearance for the Hullivator when in the lowered position.

Last edited:

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange

20210602_183810.jpg
Do you happen to know the part # from Ford? Is it VM1PZ7855100A ?

Are they Timberline Towers + JetStream bars or HD Bars? I've seen a few posts and can't quite tell. They look like JetStreams but it says HD kit? Also, current price on Ford is $579 which reflects an HD bar kit from Yakima, as opposed to the JetStream kit which is $464 from Yakima.

Are you happy with the 60" (With the other option being the 53")? I already have a Yakima Skybox I'll be using and am planning to add a 6.5' SlimShady too.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Do you happen to know the part # from Ford? Is it VM1PZ7855100A ?

Are they Timberline Towers + JetStream bars or HD Bars? I've seen a few posts and can't quite tell. They look like JetStreams but it says HD kit? Also, current price on Ford is $579 which reflects an HD bar kit from Yakima, as opposed to the JetStream kit which is $464 from Yakima.

Are you happy with the 60" (With the other option being the 53")? I already have a Yakima Skybox I'll be using and am planning to add a 6.5' SlimShady too.
They are the JetStream; and were cheaper thru Levittownfordparts.com vs Yakima.com or Rei.com.
I love them and went with the 60" so I have room to mount a slimshady or my awning and shower while my RTT is up. ???
I saw Ford was having a sale on accessories for the holidays;not sure if it's still going on.
Good luck either way; post some pics when you pull the trigger. Would love to see the setup ??
Sponsored