Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
So, you wanna go back in history to compare cars? In 1957 I had a "modified" '50 Olds fastback. 350 cubic inches, B&M stick hydro, and fast (but ugly)! And I mean butt ugly! Would it accelerate faster than my BS BL? Oh, he-- yes! Was it cheap on gas? At 25 cents a gallon who cares. But monthly tune-ups and tires every 50K miles, and did I mention "UGLY"! I'll take my BS BL over anything I ever owned!
Sponsored

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I thought they all had FIAT engines because Dodge can’t build a decent small Eco motor.
FIAT : Fix It Again Tony.
I used to be a Mopar nut back in the Cuda days.
"I used to be a _____ nut back in the ____ day_."
Sorry, I couldn't stop myself, had to correct the statement!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Per car and driver"The Hornet is a subcompact SUV that shares a platform and other parts with the Alfa Romeo Tonale." As far as car brands that are known for reliablity... Alfa Romeo isnt... Perfomance, amazing innovation, YES; reliablity and cheap to operate NO.
By "other parts" they mean pretty much ALL the parts.

Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on the new Dodge Hornet vs Bronco Sport Hornet-GT-Hero-1

Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on the new Dodge Hornet vs Bronco Sport Alfa-Tonale-Front-3dash4

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yep that’s Dodge, cannot create anything only copy or buy other labels, like Jeep.
I’d buy Toyota before I’d shop Dodge.

Obi_Kwiet

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
It won't touch the BS off road. Those tires have smaller sidewalls than the ones on my WRX.

This trend of trying to make cars sporty and nimble for people who insist on a ridiculously high center of gravity is asinine. These vehicles are conceptually crippled. Too road focused to go off road, too high to be what they should be on road.

Last edited:

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Exactly ... YAK!!
Just another one of these almost identical looking "SUVs" with the slanting roof and same styling. Like all the Nissans, Toyotas, GMs, Hondas, and all. Why is it even considered of any interest or comparison? The Bronco is sooo different in everything!

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
As a licenced automotive technician, I wouldn't own anything Dodge builds. At the end of the day, I want to go home and be with the family not go back to the shop to make repairs on my own vehicle.

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
What's your thoughts on this?
Separate topic but I just read about not switching your Bronco Sport into the slippery or sand setting for 4 wheel drive unless absolutely necessary let the regulat modes handle with all wheel drive. Due to you may damage the transfer case and other stuff . Now that's really disappointing. What's the point of making a 4x4 if it isn't reliable ?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Separate topic but I just read about not switching your Bronco Sport into the slippery or sand setting for 4 wheel drive unless absolutely necessary let the regulat modes handle with all wheel drive. Due to you may damage the transfer case and other stuff . Now that's really disappointing. What's the point of making a 4x4 if it isn't reliable ?
Re read the owners manual,
Slippery mainly softens the throttle so if you bounce your foot it will not feed so much into the throttle, causing bounce.
SAND is made for deep sand like beach sand.
It needs to slip, if your on hard surfaces it can’t. And that means something has to give. This is unnecessary wear and tear, that’s all.
John, there is not a 4x4 system out there that is immune to damage from operator miss use due to lack of knowledge on proper operation.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
What's your thoughts on this?
Can you do any off road driving with the Dodge Hornet? Does Dodge even toss that out for the Hornet? I guess this what some of you were referring to with comparing a fork to a spoon to a knife!
Sponsored

Last edited: