This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch...

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks. Just don’t want to get ripped off with the pricing. I can only imagine the bumper/hitch install is
probably $500.
Well, dealers have their own rates for the how much a technician is paid per hour, and Ford dictates how much time should be spent on each job, each part has an official estimated install time. So the variable would be how much they're paying their technicians. So you can call around and just ask what the estimated install time is. Then you can figure out who's being fair from there.
Sponsored

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Well, dealers have their own rates for the how much a technician is paid per hour, and Ford dictates how much time should be spent on each job, each part has an official estimated install time. So the variable would be how much they're paying their technicians. So you can call around and just ask what the estimated install time is. Then you can figure out who's being fair from there.
Dealer said $375 for the hitch and about $100 more for the wiring.

TimEh

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2015 F350, ‘66 Mustang GT
I bought my BB off the lot without the tow package but worked one into the deal. Had to wait a month or so for the new factory cover, hitch and wiring harness to show up. I kept the non hitch cover and sold it to an auto wrecker for $500. Made me happy and a few bucks
Sponsored