Sponsored

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just how much of an issue is this?

My 2016 Fusion had similar looking pockets and so does my 2019 Escape and I never had any issues in winter or with debris building up.

The gap in the rear doors is concerning. Is it a design flaw or is it meant to be that way? It looks bad.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Jeez o Pete, the complaining !
I pumped my ‘pockets’ with atv silicone. I can peel it out if need be. Problem solved.
What happened to people thinking for themselves, Complain complain complain.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Looks to me like front and rear wheel wells need to be hosed out cleaned on regular basis. My driver side rear wheel felt liner has gap between liner and outer wheel well plastic trim in one place. Looks like liner either miscut or installed crooked. Dirt debris can go right in build up. So I hose out every time I wash it keep debris from building up.

Front wheel well liners have gap between them and front fenders. So need to hose out keep clear of build up.

In general all vehicles need wheel wells hosed out cleaned regularly to avoid rust.

The problem area identified in this post yes its dumb should have been designed better but not end of the world.

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
All I can say is wait until you go to change or access the fuses in the engine compartment.
Go ahead look that one up!

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Jeez o Pete, the complaining !
I pumped my ‘pockets’ with atv silicone. I can peel it out if need be. Problem solved.
What happened to people thinking for themselves, Complain complain complain.
Jeez o Osco, "people thinking for themselves" went out with the advent of social media. You must be as old as I am (well, almost, give or take decade or 3).

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I wonder about the Door gap , we have went on some dirty roads & have nothing in there at all , what tires Dom you have on the BS ?, aftermarket rims ?, spacers on the rim. for cleanse issues ? Just curious , maybe just a Bad Lands issue with certain Tires . How come this is the first I have read about the issue of dirt or mud getting into the rear doors .

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m about to hit 20,000 miles, I’ve had this little Escape on Steroid’s for 18 months now and I still dig the thing.
In the 35th month of ownership I’m buying one of those extended warranties and at the end of that three year warranty It will be six years old and approaching 100,000 miles. Then I’ll trade it in on a new vehicle. Probably the AWD model of the Maverick since it’s the same drive train as this BS.
I’ll take care of it, but I won’t sweat the small stuff.
Mine is a USED vehicle now and I’m past that first scratch.
I will not obsess over the small stuff, I mean stones.
It’s just a vehicle.
Thou shalt not covet….

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I’m about to hit 20,000 miles, I’ve had this little Escape on Steroid’s for 18 months now and I still dig the thing.
In the 35th month of ownership I’m buying one of those extended warranties and at the end of that three year warranty It will be six years old and approaching 100,000 miles. Then I’ll trade it in on a new vehicle. Probably the AWD model of the Maverick since it’s the same drive train as this BS.
It’s just a vehicle.
Thou shalt not covet….
So no worries about mudd build up in wheel wells, no?

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
It’s just a vehicle.
Thou shalt not covet….
If its just a vehicle then why do you need an extended warranty. Just put silicone on everything when it breaks 🤣.. i will not pay 30 grand for a car and have to put silicone on any spot .. im not a fix it with duct tape type guy. Id rather get it done the right way

Hutchicles

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Have y'all ever owned older vehicles? The new Fords, Chevys and Dodges all have little pockets where dust and dirt will collect around the fenders, but you know where that stuff isn't going? All over your suspension and drivetrain. You will get some in there, but this keeps it from caking up all over your shocks and driveshafts. We used to make fender wells and covers on our off-road trucks where I grew up to keep the stuff from getting too thick, the manufacturers are now doing it for us.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If its just a vehicle then why do you need an extended warranty. Just put silicone on everything when it breaks 🤣.. i will not pay 30 grand for a car and have to put silicone on any spot .. im not a fix it with duct tape type guy. Id rather get it done the right way
Duct tape went to the moon and saved the crew of
Apollo 13.
FWIW 30 grand buys little these days.
Every Ford I’ve ever owned (5) was always cheap to keep, affordable and reliable.
I know Ford watches these Forums and they prolly use the piss and moan scale when they decide what to redesign.
I just can’t help them there as I have no valid complaints with my BS Base model.
I had more repairs with my Mopars, Chevy’s, and Toyota’s.
I could a left the pocket full of rocks but was afraid id bounce one out and scratch someone’s else’s car.
As for the extended warranty, I guess your uninformed on major repair cost these days.
As long as I’m making payments on $28k vehicles I’ll add an extra 8% in repair insurance.
The bottom line:
Same principle as a condom,
I’d rather have it and not need it,
Than need it and not have it.
Grasshopper,
you should ponder this on the,’Tree Of Woe”
This is The Way ;’P

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Every Ford I’ve ever owned (5) was always cheap to keep, affordable and reliable.

As long as I’m making payments on $28k vehicles I’ll add an extra 8% in repair insurance.
I can't make those two statements go together. I too have had terrific good luck with Ford vehicles. That's given me confidence to keep my money instead of paying for repair insurance. I do the math to figure out how much the extended warranty adds to my monthly payment, then put that amount into an interest-bearing account instead. In five years (or after 60K miles) I'll have a sizeable chunk of dough collecting interest. If I ever need it, it's there. If I don't, then I'm money ahead.

Buying an extended warranty is a gamble. The people selling them are gambling your warranty claims will not exceed what you paid for the warranty. I'd rather be the one to win that bet.
Sponsored

Last edited: