Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Ordered a Bronco Sport Big Bend with Big Bend package. It has a production date of February 15. Im seriously considering changing the trim to Badlands for the larger engine and nicer interior.

Anybody know what this could do to my delivery? Is it worth the change?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Ordered a Bronco Sport Big Bend with Big Bend package. It has a production date of February 15. Im seriously considering changing the trim to Badlands for the larger engine and nicer interior.

If youā€™ve been assigned a VIN, it will be a new order as trim level is part of the designation. Iā€™d imagine your build date would change but seeing how many BL have come off the production line itā€™s possible it could be earlier. Or later. Your old order would have to be taken by the dealer at this point though.

OP
OP
Kperry62

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
If youā€™ve been assigned a VIN, it will be a new order as trim level is part of the designation. Iā€™d imagine your build date would change but seeing how many BL have come off the production line itā€™s possible it could be earlier. Or later. Your old order would have to be taken by the dealer at this point though.
Thanks very much for the information. I havenā€™t received a VIN yet. I contacted my dealer.

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
It seems to depend on what accessories and packages you choose. My order date was 7/31/20 but my build date is 3/1/21. There have been other badlands getting built with later order dates so there is something to it other than the date you place your order.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre

Before you change your order double check that the interior is what you want. Iā€™m almost positive the Badlands interior isnā€™t any nicer than the Big Bend unless you also get the Badlands package for a couple extra grand. The Badlands upgrades are mainly for off road performance not luxury.

OP
OP
Kperry62

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Thank you. I appreciate it! I agree. I might stick with what I have.

OP
OP
Kperry62

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Before you change your order double check that the interior is what you want. Iā€™m almost positive the Badlands interior isnā€™t any nicer than the Big Bend unless you also get the Badlands package for a couple extra grand. The Badlands upgrades are mainly for off road performance not luxury.
I might go Outerbanks.

Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Im glad I didnā€™t order a Bad Lands, the lack of a carpet would drive me nuts. I spent years driving service vans with rubber floor mats.
I put our OB in sport mode today, itā€™s more than quick enough.

OP
OP
Kperry62

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Thanks. My dealership is checking if it can be changed to OB.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
The badlands interior is essentially the same as the big bend unless you order the badlands package.

the badlands has better seats with more bolstering.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy

Like some have said, as long as you don't have a VIN yet, you can safely change but it may (most likely) change your build date but that's minor in the end if that's what you want. I selected the BL model because I plan on using it a lot off-road and also because that 2.0L with 250hp should be quite fun both on and off road. No slouch from what I've seen on a few estimated 0-60 mph runs. I won't comment on the interior because I'm not picky there, more interested in performance and off-road ability and there the Badlands should be superior.

OP
OP
Kperry62

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Like some have said, as long as you don't have a VIN yet, you can safely change but it may (most likely) change your build date but that's minor in the end if that's what you want. I selected the BL model because I plan on using it a lot off-road and also because that 2.0L with 250hp should be quite fun both on and off road. No slouch from what I've seen on a few estimated 0-60 mph runs. I won't comment on the interior because I'm not picky there, more interested in performance and off-road ability and there the Badlands should be superior.

Thanks for the comment. Although Iā€™m very eager to get my Bronco Sport, youā€™re right, waiting for exactly what I want is worth It in the end. In retrospect, for me, the BL is too much car. The OB will suffice. Iā€˜m glad you got the car that serves you best. Enjoy it!
Sponsored

Reactions: Wyo