Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
https://fordauthority.com/2023/03/2023-ford-bronco-sport-trims-to-get-different-floor-mats/

I’m honestly not sure I ever would’ve expected floor mats to be a supply chain shortage issue. but such is the way of the world nowadays. I actually thought with the rubber floor badlands I’d use my carpet mats in the summertime, but they’re still in plastic stored in my garage.
When I took delivery of my BS, the dealer included formed floor mats front and rear, similar to the weathertech design. In the back hatch area was a box that contained the carpeted floor mats (I think; it's large and "feels" like they are). He said he was going to take those since we had the new formed ones. I said no, as they came with the BS as a manufacturer included part.

He agreed. I still have them in the unopened box too. I'll have to check the part number to verify they are indeed carpeted mats.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
When I took delivery of my BS, the dealer included formed floor mats front and rear, similar to the weathertech design. In the back hatch area was a box that contained the carpeted floor mats (I think; it's large and "feels" like they are). He said he was going to take those since we had the new formed ones. I said no, as they came with the BS as a manufacturer included part.

He agreed. I still have them in the unopened box too. I'll have to check the part number to verify they are indeed carpeted mats.

In the box they will stay too! Once you go with liners, there is no going back IMO. I love the rubber floors and removable liners!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
In the box they will stay too! Once you go with liners, there is no going back IMO. I love the rubber floors and removable liners!
Me too. I had them on my past three vehicles, and my 2007 F150 has no carpet; it is all rubber flooring. A quick sweep of a hand broom makes it easy smeezy cover girl clean!

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
They’re omitting anything they can.
Hell my badlands last year when I picked it up was missing the rear eye hook, passenger floor ac cover, fuel filler funnel, and all the foam in the rear that’s supposed to go around the spare. And had 3 miles on it.
Dealer had no idea until I started to go through it. There’s gonna be more of this as time goes on

Reactions: MJE

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

Yeah, that's BS. Seems like a crappy dealer/ sales guy. Look at the window sticker, you paid for both and the mats are interchangeable. In fact, the carpeted ones fit pretty darn good IN the formed rubber mats. They just don't "lock" to the pegs that way. What next, they'll ask for your spare key fob!?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Hell my badlands last year when I picked it up was missing the rear eye hook, passenger floor ac cover, fuel filler funnel, and all the foam in the rear that’s supposed to go around the spare. And had 3 miles on it.
Dealer had no idea until I started to go through it. There’s gonna be more of this as time goes on
Geez, I hope it had 4 wheels/tires and a steering wheel!
Reminds me of a story my dad told me. His first brand new car was a 56 Chevy. He took it to the dealer service department complaining of a rattle in the passenger door, and smoking out of the exhaust badly. The rattle was a coke bottle left inside the door during the assembly line build. The exhaust smoking was due to the wrong intake valves installed in the V8 during its build.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5

I inadvertently ordered the carpeted mats, because since they were an option, I assumed that the vehicle didn't include any mats as standard. I figured I'd maybe swap out the rubber mats for carpeted ones in the summer, but I like the durability of the rubber mats so much that I may just end up trying to sell the carpeted mats.

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Sad but true. Everything that could be left off might just be. We’ve all seen that right from the start (where’s that engine cover thread…) but I suspect this will be all vehicles & all manufacturers. I’m actually half surprised the article says you’ll have to sign recognizing the omission then they’ll send another set of mats when they can. It all seems weird to me really.

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
You can have my carpeted floor mats for a 12 pack of Guinness.

edit: I’ll even settle for your best local IPA. I’m flexible! :captain:
We’ve got a lot of great IPA‘s here to pick from! If you’re ever in the area let me know as I’m always up for an IPA (I admit I’m not too much of a Guinness fan…)! I won’t even need to take your floor mats off your hands :D.

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I inadvertently ordered the carpeted mats, because since they were an option, I assumed that the vehicle didn't include any mats as standard. I figured I'd maybe swap out the rubber mats for carpeted ones in the summer, but I like the durability of the rubber mats so much that I may just end up trying to sell the carpeted mats.
I thought it didn’t include any mats as standard either but didn’t order any as I’d gotten the dealer parts counter to order the rubber tray ones. But when it came sure enough there was a set in the back they left for me.

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Me too. I had them on my past three vehicles, and my 2007 F150 has no carpet; it is all rubber flooring. A quick sweep of a hand broom makes it easy smeezy cover girl clean!
I’m a fan of trays. 2007 F150 when sold, the carpet still looked new thanks to the weather techs I put in. Easy cleaning indeed!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We’ve got a lot of great IPA‘s here to pick from! If you’re ever in the area let me know as I’m always up for an IPA (I admit I’m not too much of a Guinness fan…)! I won’t even need to take your floor mats off your hands :D.
Is Banff in the area? I will be there in June!
correction as my daughter said it will be early Autumn
I thought it didn’t include any mats as standard either but didn’t order any as I’d gotten the dealer parts counter to order the rubber tray ones. But when it came sure enough there was a set in the back they left for me.
Does anyone read my posts?! I’ve been saying since the beginning to not order floor mats. Ford always adds them.

• Love
OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Is Banff in the area? I will be there in June!
correction as my daughter said it will be early Autumn

Does anyone read my posts?! I’ve been saying since the beginning to not order floor mats. Ford always adds them.
Yes! It’s an hour drive from the city, probably 1-1/2hrs from where I’m at. Easy, & very common day trip. You’ll love it!
Sponsored