SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I started the download over my garage Wi-Fi at lunch yesterday and checked back a few times ... it was going slow - so today I downloaded to USB, only to discover the update to ver 3.4 completed around midnight.
Note that I went to a Christmas party for 4-hours last evening, and was not on my Wi-Fi.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I started the download over my garage Wi-Fi at lunch yesterday and checked back a few times ... it was going slow - so today I downloaded to USB, only to discover the update to ver 3.4 completed around midnight.
Note that I went to a Christmas party for 4-hours last evening, and was not on my Wi-Fi.
Are you saying it will complete the update with the vehicle off if it is set to automatically update?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Are you saying it will complete the update with the vehicle off if it is set to automatically update?
The system will download the update when your vehicle is off, but I believe you must turn it on (not necessarily the engine) for the update to install. You may not notice that it's installing an update, but once the update is complete you will get a notification the next time the system power cycles, which requires you to shut off the power and open the driver's/passenger's door.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that is different from the Ford PDF instructions which say to start the vehicle, turn off the Auto/Stop (button) and leave the vehicle running for the entire update process
I believe you are referring to updating using a downloaded file on a USB drive. I was responding to your question to GB, who was referring to automatic updates over WiFi.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I believe you are referring to updating using a downloaded file on a USB drive. I was responding to your question to GB, who was referring to automatic updates over WiFi.
Correct and I had deleted my post prior to your reply just now. I never got the update to work via WiFi so I only used the USB method.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Mine updated and installed fine with my home wifi.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I updated mine with USB in October, but the update report file was corrupt (a known issue), so it never reported complete. Since then I turned on wifi, got it connected to my house, did update scan, etc. Still no report of update, and I'm starting to get tired of the emails and app notifications.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I updated mine with USB in October, but the update report file was corrupt (a known issue), so it never reported complete. Since then I turned on wifi, got it connected to my house, did update scan, etc. Still no report of update, and I'm starting to get tired of the emails and app notifications.
Download and reinstall the update. Fixed it for me.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes. Mine updated when the car was off. I got on the Wi-Fi, set to auto-update, initiated the download, and
I initially tried to keep it running... even restarted a few times. But it was slow, and I didn't expect it to complete while unattended; but to my surprise, it did.

John Comer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
There’s no list of bug fixes or features that I’ve found. https://www.broncosportforum.com/sync-3-4-build-22200-now-available/

As far as what I can tell it does not fix a music dropout problem but others have said that problem was solved by turning off the various sync diagnostics being sent to Ford. have you tried that yet?
When you say music drop off what do you mean. I have a still/have losing Pandora app. It seems to come and go is this what you mean.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Phillip-AB

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I just installed the 3.4 update via USB on my my 2021 BS BL and it took a little over 15 minutes. So far, so good. :)
Sponsored