Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Not sure why Ford opted for Sync 3 on the new Bronco Sport, some folks are saying they won’t buy the Sport because of this oversight. Is Sync 3 really that bad?
Sponsored

Nickalz

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mazda6, 1996 Mazda Miata
I just think the sports interior dash and the sync 3 look outdated out of the box for a 30K+ vehicle so much so it’s a deal breaker for me. It’s a shame as I really was considering one.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I tend to agree with this sentiment and I'm one of the folks who said I'd pass on Sync 3 because it absolutely SHOULD have Sync 4 since it's a new marquee vehicle. That said, after giving it a LOT of thought, this car still has Android Auto and Car Play... and newer hardware running Sync 3 *IS* a big difference over previous incarnations. Ford hired the entire QNX team from BlackBerry, so they've been working on improving it as such. Sync 4 is primarily HTML5-based...and while flashier and cloud-connected, ultimately, I came to the decision that my phone is already cloud-connected and it makes more sense to stay tethered when using AA or Car Play, whose interfaces I like better anyway. HD Radio was my biggie...and it's included with the B&O Play package. All in all, I decided I'd rather have something tried-and-true rather than a system that's been unproven so far on the road. There's yet to be a single vehicle in regular use that has the Sync 4 and that worries me a bit.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hmm.. hackable, or at least redesignable, if you can get access... :D
YUP...that's very true too! And would worry me with un-road-tested always-on connectivity. At least I know Sync 3 works and does what I want (and also has a robust hacking community haha)
Sponsored