thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sync 3.4 Build 21098 is now available for download directly from Ford website. I will download today and use a USB flash drive to install.

I am currently running 3.4 Build 21020 updated through WiFi. I am experiencing the SiriusXM issues along with the tailgate button release not unlocking when standing at the tailgate.

I will let you know how it goes.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ha ha, I just downgraded to 20282 this morning after checking last night and they said 21020 was still the latest. Good luck!

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Please let us know if the rear hatch will unlock after the upgrade

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
Sync 3.4 Build 21098 is now available for download directly from Ford website. I will download today and use a USB flash drive to install.

I am currently running 3.4 Build 21020 updated through WiFi. I am experiencing the SiriusXM issues along with the tailgate button release not unlocking when standing at the tailgate.

Updated sync 3.4 21020 to 3.4 21098. My tailgate. Unlocks again. ?

OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Downloaded from Ford website and prepped USB flash drive for install. Before inserting USB flash drive, I checked one last time for update using WiFi. The update is available now using Automatic System Updates.

I am downloading now.

Ford Bronco Sport Sync 3.4 Build 21098 27023490-332D-41CC-86F7-852AA8AB2ECB

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Downloaded from Ford website and prepped USB flash drive for install. Before inserting USB flash drive, I checked one last time for update using WiFi. The update is available now using Automatic System Updates.

I am downloading now.

Ford Bronco Sport Sync 3.4 Build 21098 27023490-332D-41CC-86F7-852AA8AB2ECB
After WiFi update:

SiriusXM Travel Link still has issues.

Tailgate release button will not open when vehicle is locked and key is in pocket at the tailgate.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I'm starting to wonder more about the tailgate not unlocking and if it is related to different trims or feature packages or settings. Knock on wood, that's one issue I didn't have, but I also changed some settings on the door locks from default. For example, I enabled the two-stage locks.

Might be worth a try to play with the preferences and see if it straightens something out? I'll try to post my preference screens later.

OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm starting to wonder more about the tailgate not unlocking and if it is related to different trims or feature packages or settings. Knock on wood, that's one issue I didn't have, but I also changed some settings on the door locks from default. For example, I enabled the two-stage locks.

Might be worth a try to play with the preferences and see if it straightens something out? I'll try to post my preference screens later.
Just to clarify:

When the vehicle is locked and a key is in your pocket, by reaching behind either front door handle all the doors will unlock including the tailgate.

When the vehicle is locked and a key is in your pocket, approaching the vehicle from the rear and pressing the tailgate release button on the tailgate should open the tailgate.

My glass panel in the tailgate will do this. When I picked up the vehicle, the tailgate worked correctly. Since 21020 update and now 21098 update, the tailgate will not unlock properly.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I went and looked at my setup. I have each option in the Lock section turned on. The remote access is set to "Driver Only". I don't have anything saved to the MyKey, both keys are "Admin".

I had enough issues with 21020 that I didn't even try the new update. My locks worked before and after 21020 was installed. I still think there must be hidden logic why some drivers experience a fault and others have a different result. At least, I refuse to believe it's randomly happening.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have the badlands and just installed the newest update using USB drive. Loaded in about ten minutes, asked me to pull the USB drive the update was complete. It shut down my infotainment screen and rebooted. So far so good, operated fine on the drive home. I'll check the tailgate unlock. Mine was unaffected by the 21020​
*Glass, tailgate, doors all respond to key fob proximity response/touch opening.​

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just upgraded from 20136 to 21098 via USB. Tail gate still will not open. I don't know what if anything this upgrade accomplished.

The car indicates my wifi signal is excellent but it disconnects after a minute or so. The upgrade did not help this problem.

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The USB upgrade did not write the XML log file when it completed. I could not make the notification as instructed. So I guess FORD will know the next time they probe me. Current version in the display is correct.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The USB upgrade did not write the XML log file when it completed. I could not make the notification as instructed. So I guess FORD will know the next time they probe me. Current version in the display is correct.
Mine did not create the file either but the Ford app received it and the status in the menus shows the update is complete. Everything works so it seems to be ok.
Sponsored