ranxoren

Big Bend
First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hi everyone! I got a great deal on my Big Bend over the weekend and I'm super happy with it!

That said, one thing I do wish it had is the nicer instrument cluster from the Outer Banks and Badlands model.
Looks like it can be purchased separately and it states that it's compatible with all trims: https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-instrument-cluster-m1pz10849e

I know someone that did something fitting one BMW digital dash into another and it was plug and play so I'm curious if anyone her has done this and what your experience was?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
Hi everyone! I got a great deal on my Big Bend over the weekend and I'm super happy with it!

That said, one thing I do wish it had is the nicer instrument cluster from the Outer Banks and Badlands model.
Looks like it can be purchased separately and it states that it's compatible with all trims: https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-instrument-cluster-m1pz10849e

I know someone that did something fitting one BMW digital dash into another and it was plug and play so I'm curious if anyone her has done this and what your experience was?
Thanks!
It wouldn't make sense since you do have the options for it to show like intelligenant cruise control, lane keeping ect

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
These swaps have been done quite a bit in the latest generation of Super Duty. Most folks go to LKQ for the displays.

it required some programming with Forscan. There also I guy that has the ability to input the correct mileage. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve looked in those threads but it could be a good place to reference. Ford Trucks

OP
OP

ranxoren

Big Bend
First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wouldn't make sense since you do have the options for it to show like intelligenant cruise control, lane keeping ect
Right but it should still work with the options I do have (e.g. I do have lane keeping)

Whatā€™s ā€œnot niceā€ about the cluster now?
I'm just coming from a fully digital dash and I enjoy that look and feel so if I can spend ~400-500 to get it done and it's relatively plug and play with minor programming im interested.
Like I said, I was able to get a pretty great deal on a new '22 big bend that made the price of the Outer Banks not worth it. This is the only option I do wish it had.

These swaps have been done quite a bit in the latest generation of Super Duty. Most folks go to LKQ for the displays.

it required some programming with Forscan. There also I guy that has the ability to input the correct mileage. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve looked in those threads but it could be a good place to reference. Ford Trucks
Thanks for that, I'll do some digging!

Bato001

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
I didnt know there were different speedometer panels for different trims but when I googled it turns out there are already 2 or 3 similar threads here on this exact subject.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I didnt know there were different speedometer panels for different trims.
Pics are abit ā€œdatedā€ because the ā€˜23 Heritage models arenā€™t listed and the First Edition isnā€™t listed but is a good visual of the speedometer panels for those not familiarā€¦

Ford Bronco Sport Swap Instrument Cluster in Big Bend 1683908687958

Ford Bronco Sport Swap Instrument Cluster in Big Bend 1683908724299

OP
OP

ranxoren

Big Bend
First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnt know there were different speedometer panels for different trims but when I googled it turns out there are already 2 or 3 similar threads here on this exact subject.
there are and I did find them searching too but theyā€™re older (some didnā€™t have any responses either) and didnā€™t have anyoneā€™s experience since then. This got more responses and a link to a Ford trucks forums that might have insights.

OP
OP

ranxoren

Big Bend
First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pics are abit ā€œdatedā€ because the ā€˜23 Heritage models arenā€™t listed and the First Edition isnā€™t listed but is a good visual of the speedometer panels for those not familiarā€¦

Ford Bronco Sport Swap Instrument Cluster in Big Bend 1683908687958

Ford Bronco Sport Swap Instrument Cluster in Big Bend 1683908724299
Yeah I kinda want to take the plunge and do it but itā€™s ~$500 with no clarity of whether it would work plug and playā€¦ hoping someoneā€™s done this or has more insights to share šŸ¤žšŸ¼
Thanks for adding the pics!!

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Only reason I would like to have it is to see speedo and mpg at the same time... First world problems

OP
OP

ranxoren

Big Bend
First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah hoping someone thatā€™s done this - or that has the knowledge about forscan - can chime in for confirmation! šŸ¤žšŸ¼

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Someone else asked this some time ago, I haven't been able to find an indication that the procedure is supported in FORscan on a cluster switch.

The key part is even if the procedure is supported, FORscan only permits updating the instrument cluster to a higher mileage (as a way to prevent odometer rollback/fraud). That's hunky dory if the cluster you intend to put in has a lower mileage than your car actually has, but screws you if you buy a cluster that has a higher mileage than your car. (I agree with the approach of the ForSCAN devs on this one to prevent easy odo fraud).

I looked at the same thing with my 2015 Fusion and wanting to put in the cluster of a Mondeo (European version) that was all digital and ended up deciding against it even though it was supported as I didn't want to invite questions of odo fraud. If you do it, I would get two minor services at a CARFAX submitting place (like topping off wiper fluid) just before and after the change.

For the Bronco Sport - I haven't seen evidence of someone doing an instrument cluster swap thus far.

OP
OP

ranxoren

Big Bend
First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone else asked this some time ago, I haven't been able to find an indication that the procedure is supported in FORscan on a cluster switch.

The key part is even if the procedure is supported, FORscan only permits updating the instrument cluster to a higher mileage (as a way to prevent odometer rollback/fraud). That's hunky dory if the cluster you intend to put in has a lower mileage than your car actually has, but screws you if you buy a cluster that has a higher mileage than your car. (I agree with the approach of the ForSCAN devs on this one to prevent easy odo fraud).

I looked at the same thing with my 2015 Fusion and wanting to put in the cluster of a Mondeo (European version) that was all digital and ended up deciding against it even though it was supported as I didn't want to invite questions of odo fraud. If you do it, I would get two minor services at a CARFAX submitting place (like topping off wiper fluid) just before and after the change.

For the Bronco Sport - I haven't seen evidence of someone doing an instrument cluster swap thus far.
Thanks for the insight. Yeah it would be a brand new part so ODO would be raised to match the car (vs other way around to your point).
What would the carfax services be for? To make sure itā€™s reporting it correctly?

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Thanks for the insight. Yeah it would be a brand new part so ODO would be raised to match the car (vs other way around to your point).
What would the carfax services be for? To make sure itā€™s reporting it correctly?
Yes. I would do it to make sure that there was no doubt of odo tampering. Imagine if you swapped the odo 10 months from your last service. Maybe you got a super big cross country road trip or long commute trip job, easy way to disguise actual mileage.

It's why I ultimately decided against doing it in my Fusion. Of course, that was an instrument cluster that was never offered in the US and not one that merely wasn't in the OG trim as built by Ford, but either way the swap invites questions on why it was done. Having some carfax reporting with proof of purchase or the swap date would remove potential questions if the buyer were to notice.

Shanebou24

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
i did it. it was honestly super easy
Sponsored