Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It’s a very short drive, probably not even to the end of the driveway. 😘
If I had a passport, I'd make the short drive, fly my drone over the Hermosillo Plant shipping lot, and try to figure out this mystery. I've thought about that more than once. 😤
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I'm a recreation ecologist for the US Forest Service. I got a job as the Recreation Program Manager on the most-visited district of the busiest National Forest in the country. It's just outside Asheville, NC and is packed with beautiful waterfalls, well-maintained trails, recreation sites that are honest national treasures, and borders a community that genuinely loves their National Forest. My job is to connect people to nature and now I get to do it for the Forest that most rec folks spend their entire career working towards.

I graduated with my master's in 2020 and was selected as a Presidential Management Fellow. I've been moving around for the past 10 years for school, then for my first fed position with the Forest Service in AZ. With the PMF, you stay in your first job for 2 years then have an opportunity to move if you wish. I met a PMF alumni occupying a leadership position with the National Forests in NC who offered me a detail position there last March and advocated to get me there permanently after the detail. My boyfriend and I finally get to settle down and buy a house since I'll be keeping this job for the next 10 years or so. Works out well, because that puts us way closer to our families and is exactly the type of place we've been looking for. I'm over the moon honestly.
Congratulations Kris, hope you enjoy your new position. Your Sport will be a great vehicle for that part of the country.

rogerlm2

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impala
Ford Bronco Sport Stuck "Awaiting Shipment" Waiting Room Screenshot_20220929-185157

My dealer says my BS has been in Monterey Mexico since September 1

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some browsing of other Ford forums looking for similar issues to ours. Looks like there have been several instances, especially with F-150s, where vehicles are marked as built and awaiting shipping but are actually unfinished. The vehicle visibility report will sometimes backtrack and show a factory hold. But folks are waiting insane amounts of time for their vehicles to be completed and shipped after being marked "Built." I'm seeing some wait times upwards of 3 months.

Should we be nervous yet?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some browsing of other Ford forums looking for similar issues to ours. Looks like there have been several instances, especially with F-150s, where vehicles are marked as built and awaiting shipping but are actually unfinished. The vehicle visibility report will sometimes backtrack and show a factory hold. But folks are waiting insane amounts of time for their vehicles to be completed and shipped after being marked "Built." I'm seeing some wait times upwards of 3 months.

Waiting on parts would be my guess. What we have seen in the past that if they get pushed aside, others built later will ship sooner until they get caught back up. Look up dirt mountain Bronco’s, lot rot Broncos. This has been going on for a while. No need to get nervous. Not much you can do about it at this point.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If I had a passport, I'd make the short drive, fly my drone over the Hermosillo Plant shipping lot, and try to figure out this mystery. I've thought about that more than once. 😤
That joke went right over your head.

Annieann

Outer Banks
First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot

That is really the only explanation that makes any sense that the vehicles are actually unfinished and waiting for parts but marked built even though they really are not. I just wish Ford would be more upfront with this type of information because that would be easier to take than thinking it is just sitting there not being shipped out when clearly everybody is not having that problem.

rogerlm2

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impala
The word from my dealership is that my BS is complete and that there is a logistics issue, still stuck in Monterey Mexico. The updated ETA is 10/25-31.

Nervous is a mild description of how I feel about this situation.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The word from my dealership is that my BS is complete and that there is a logistics issue, still stuck in Monterey Mexico. The updated ETA is 10/25-31.

Nervous is a mild description of how I feel about this situation.
The logistics excuse just doesn’t make logical sense. It’s not like all the vehicles they have been making are piled up in a parking lot down there. They don’t have the room to store that many vehicles. If they couldn’t ship them, they would have to stop building them.

Of course they are piling them up in parking lots around Detroit but that is a slightly different situation.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The logistics excuse just doesn’t make logical sense. It’s not like all the vehicles they have been making are piled up in a parking lot down there. They don’t have the room to store that many vehicles. If they couldn’t ship them, they would have to stop building them.

Of course they are piling them up in parking lots around Detroit but that is a slightly different situation.
Unfortunately, they have lots of room to store them. They did the same thing last year and earlier this summer. The lot rot bunch can attest to it. I have to agree, this probably isn’t a logistics issue, but a part issue.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to keep my spirits up. Hoping it'll ship this week since they're giving me an ETA of October 25 now at the latest.

Spoke to my Ford friend about our missing chip/part theory. He said if that were true, it would be the first time he's ever seen a vehicle Released to the Shipping Provider on the Visibility Report without being completed. He had his doubts and thinks what's happened is that we've been marked to ship whenever there's extra space on the trains. The factory sticks to their schedule and ships what they build each week. Usually there's just enough room allocated on the train cars to ship the builds from that week. We don't get to move unless the carrier happens to have enough space to fit ours. He did say there's a rail car shortage and they're seeing similar trends at the other plants.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to keep my spirits up. Hoping it'll ship this week since they're giving me an ETA of October 25 now at the latest.

Spoke to my Ford friend about our missing chip/part theory. He said if that were true, it would be the first time he's ever seen a vehicle Released to the Shipping Provider on the Visibility Report without being completed. He had his doubts and thinks what's happened is that we've been marked to ship whenever there's extra space on the trains. The factory sticks to their schedule and ships what they build each week. Usually there's just enough room allocated on the train cars to ship the builds from that week. We don't get to move unless the carrier happens to have enough space to fit ours. He did say there's a rail car shortage and they're seeing similar trends at the other plants.
Let’s hope so but……..FordAuthority had an article today from Farley saying it’s not just chips and it’s not going away anytime soon.

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Ford chat today pushed my delivery date another month. 😩. I’m now at eta 10/28-11/03. I am winning at the longest waiting to ship - 36 days. 😵💫

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford chat today pushed my delivery date another month. 😩. I’m now at eta 10/28-11/03. I am winning at the longest waiting to ship - 36 days. 😵💫
They're telling me 10/25, but they could just keep pushing the date back again and again. I'm pretty bummed for all of us that it's taking so long.
Sponsored