Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've got a service appointment for Friday, but the wrench light hasn't kicked back on. I'm genuinely in love with my Badlands. I can't stress enough the difference between my old 1.5L and the new 2.0L engine. This upgrade was worth every moment I waited. Wish I wasn't traveling for work for a week on Saturday, because all I want to do is take the weekend to put on all my stockpiled accessories.

To those of you still waiting, you're going to be over the moon. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I've got a service appointment for Friday, but the wrench light hasn't kicked back on. I'm genuinely in love with my Badlands. I can't stress enough the difference between my old 1.5L and the new 2.0L engine. This upgrade was worth every moment I waited. Wish I wasn't traveling for work for a week on Saturday, because all I want to do is take the weekend to put on all my stockpiled accessories.

To those of you still waiting, you're going to be over the moon. Can't wait to see your pictures!
Shhhhhhh! Rumor has it there’s very little difference between the two. Don’t be a bubble buster! :cool:

I agree, the 2.0 has plenty of pep but then I’ve never driven a 1.5 so there’s that!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Today was the day that I got out of this thread.
Ford Bronco Sport Stuck "Awaiting Shipment" Waiting Room 1666843291595

Modifications have already begun.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I am so thrilled for you! Feels like you and I have gone through this crazy process in tandem almost the entire time. It's only right we both pick ours up the same week. Congratulations and let me know your thoughts as you drive it and enjoy it.

How was your dealership experience? No bs?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am so thrilled for you! Feels like you and I have gone through this crazy process in tandem almost the entire time. It's only right we both pick ours up the same week. Congratulations and let me know your thoughts as you drive it and enjoy it.

In the end I got a pretty good deal from the dealership but I had to push for price protection. Same story that others have told. They wanted to say that the BS was not price protected. I thought I had saved something that proved it was but I couldn’t find it. In exchange for all 5 stars rating, the sales manager gave in.
Price protection was $2k, Ford rebate was $1k, and the dealer had a program in March with another $2k.
The only thing that sucks is they didn’t get the roof color right. After fighting for the PP, I didn’t feel like pushing for more to compensate for that mistake. I might get it wrapped but we’ll see.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Congratulations Eric! I know you have been waiting a long time. Looks great!

rogerlm2

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impala
My BS was placed at industry at 130am today. A 45 minute car hauler ride to my dealership. Once again praying that there isn't a long delay.

Last edited:

anniem

Badlands
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco

I am SO happy for both of you! 😊🥳 Despite beig extremely happy to finally have my vehicle, I've been keeping mum about how awesome it is on here because you were both still waiting, especially since we were all in the same boat of waiting for scheduling and then being built back in August. Enjoy your new Badlands and breaking in the new engine. 🥳🥳🥳

goosemoose

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Well the trackers updated on the 12th to say mine was in transit. Spoke with the dealership and they gave me a 1-2 week estimate on the 17th. Still haven't gotten an email from ford or any tracking info so I reached out through the chat and they told me it's been sitting (and still is) at the plant since the first week of September and has no updates, and estimates are pending. Not sure what info to believe with all this, and it's hard to get ahold of my dealer. Hoping their 1-2 week estimate holds true and it'll be in early next week

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the trackers updated on the 12th to say mine was in transit. Spoke with the dealership and they gave me a 1-2 week estimate on the 17th. Still haven't gotten an email from ford or any tracking info so I reached out through the chat and they told me it's been sitting (and still is) at the plant since the first week of September and has no updates, and estimates are pending. Not sure what info to believe with all this, and it's hard to get ahold of my dealer. Hoping their 1-2 week estimate holds true and it'll be in early next week
If you’ve read much of this thread, you’ll know that many of us sat in this same state for up to 2 months. I think that @AltoAlto had the longest wait, then a few of us around the 6 week mark. If Chat says it’s still sitting at the factory, that is the most likely scenario.

goosemoose

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
If you’ve read much of this thread, you’ll know that many of us sat in this same state for up to 2 months. I think that @AltoAlto had the longest wait, then a few of us around the 6 week mark. If Chat says it’s still sitting at the factory, that is the most likely scenario.
Yeah :( I was one of the aug 27 builds that took forever to ship. Just disappointing because dealer had told me it was finally on the way, but chat is saying nope and who knows when it actually will be

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah :( I was one of the aug 27 builds that took forever to ship. Just disappointing because dealer had told me it was finally on the way, but chat is saying nope and who knows when it actually will be
Or it'll just show up at your dealership with no rhyme or reason as the Visibility Report says it's still in Mexico. 😅

The status chat gives you is likely, but not certain!