fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I noticed this small drops of oily substance on the Garage floor under the BS. Not much & it felt oily , rubbing it between my fingers . Now its dry in this photo.
Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak on floor

Checked the oil & it was fine , just this one spot & its back toward the Transmission more then from the Engine area , so today I put the BS on ramps & pulled the under body panel off for a look see , nothing any where I can see , not the Engine or the Tranny , it looks like its coming from one of the Suspension mounts , are they filled with something , strange . I looked & felt above & all around & could not see of feel anything , just what's around this mount , strange . I will drive down to the Dealer Monday & show them these photos .
Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak 1
Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak 3

Passenger side & above drivers side , where the oily looking stuff is .

Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak pass side 5

Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak pass.side 4
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Do you happen to remember if it had rained recently before you noticed the spot?

BTW, I think you are absolutely right to take it in and have it checked. To protect your warranty, any and all maintenance discrepancies should be handled by an authorized Ford dealer.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
We had new 2009 Honda Pilot that had liquid filled front control arm bushings and they leaked. Not sure about our sports but yes there is such a thing as liquid filled bushings they are supposed to dampen vibrations better.

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Had a jeep brand new and found out it was exhaust condisation dripping from what they call a weep hole in the exhaust. Looks the same as you picture

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a jeep brand new and found out it was exhaust condisation dripping from what they call a weep hole in the exhaust. Looks the same as you picture
This was definitely oily the day before , but saying that , what kind of oil drys in 24 hours , its not absorbed by my Garage floor , it definitely was not there on the floor the day before. The Catalytic Converter & tail pipes were replaced as a recall, because it was said it was the wrong Cat. installed .

Strange its only in that one place & I first thought it was splashed up , but too precise , to be splashed from the road & it has stopped leaking , maybe empty of fluid ?

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We had new 2009 Honda Pilot that had liquid filled front control arm bushings and they leaked. Not sure about our sports but yes there is such a thing as liquid filled bushings they are supposed to dampen vibrations better.
Interesting , we will see what Ford tells me . If they want to look at it by an appointment , I will know there is something to that Fluid Bushing thing .

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I noticed this small drops of oily substance on the Garage floor under the BS. Not much & it felt oily , rubbing it between my fingers . Now its dry in this photo.
Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak on floor

Checked the oil & it was fine , just this one spot & its back toward the Transmission more then from the Engine area , so today I put the BS on ramps & pulled the under body panel off for a look see , nothing any where I can see , not the Engine or the Tranny , it looks like its coming from one of the Suspension mounts , are they filled with something , strange . I looked & felt above & all around & could not see of feel anything , just what's around this mount , strange . I will drive down to the Dealer Monday & show them these photos .
Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak 1
Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak 3

Passenger side & above drivers side , where the oily looking stuff is .

Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak pass side 5

Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak bs leak pass.side 4
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This what is what the Service dept. rep. said to me yesterday . She said just bring it in *& drop it off & they will look at it , said they see it a lot on other models .

OK , no problem ,I'll take it in next week , its the wife's daily driver to work, so we will see what day she can go in a little late so we can drop the BS off & she can use my Truck . They said they can shuttle me home , but we don't need it .

Now my observations , OK I can buy the weep hole & carbon build up , but why is there a weep hole in the Exhaust system under the passenger cabin , wouldn't that be considered an Exhaust leak & why now after 8K on the BS ? I stated this to the Service Rep. & was told it has nothing to do with Milage , it can do it any time .

Well , I think its more then that , because why only in that one spot , why not any where else around that spot , also the Catalytic Converter was replaced on a recall in April , would this have something to do with it ?

We will see & it may be just that simple , a weep hole , for what , Turbo ? I just have a hard time swallowing that explanation , too simple . Will probably never get the whole story , but ya never know .

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
This what is what the Service dept. rep. said to me yesterday . She said just bring it in *& drop it off & they will look at it , said they see it a lot on other models .

OK , no problem ,I'll take it in next week , its the wife's daily driver to work, so we will see what day she can go in a little late so we can drop the BS off & she can use my Truck . They said they can shuttle me home , but we don't need it .

Now my observations , OK I can buy the weep hole & carbon build up , but why is there a weep hole in the Exhaust system under the passenger cabin , wouldn't that be considered an Exhaust leak & why now after 8K on the BS ? I stated this to the Service Rep. & was told it has nothing to do with Milage , it can do it any time .

Well , I think its more then that , because why only in that one spot , why not any where else around that spot , also the Catalytic Converter was replaced on a recall in April , would this have something to do with it ?

We will see & it may be just that simple , a weep hole , for what , Turbo ? I just have a hard time swallowing that explanation , too simple . Will probably never get the whole story , but ya never know .
It could be a exhaust leak by the turbo and blowing it in that area. Just a thought, with my jeep it would drip from the weep whole at the catalytic converter, and thought it was a puddle of oil?. Hope you get it all figured out keep us posted

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't believe it's a big deal ,just strange . The only difference this Vehicle is to any other one I have had , is the Turbo & I have never seen anything like this . Guess there's a first time for everything .

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, BS went in this morning & they are replacing that Bushing , ordered a new one , looks like they are using three once used parts & the new Bushing . No one really said it was a liquid filled Bushing , but I'm kinda leaning that way .

Rep from Ford also called & asked how it was going & called the Dealer after me . Picked the BS up after the Wife got off work We also ate at the Ford Restaurant while we were there .

Bozard Ford in St Augustine , Florida is top notch , every thing seems to go so easy & I didn't purchase the BS from them , but have purchased a couple vehicles from them , so I'm a repeat customer .

Ford Bronco Sport Strange Leak tempImage0gSxFs

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a drip area under my OB one time under the front seat area, it dried up and hasn’t done it since that I’ve noticed.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would have to assume bushing is liquid filled if they replaced the bushing. Anyway glad to hear it got fixed.

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have to assume bushing is liquid filled if they replaced the bushing. Anyway glad to hear it got fixed.
Not repaired , waiting for the part & they said it should be in today or tomorrow , but must be safe to drive , which is good . I got to hand it to Ford , they seem to be on top of stuff on this Forum & probably others .

. I would check all your Bushings .

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)