Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Has anyone upgraded their steering wheel on Base or Big Bend models from the cra-pay plastic to the leather wrapped Badlands model. It's an easy swap once you figure out where the clips to release the airbag are.
Sponsored

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have not done this personally, but I plan to in the future, I also plan to swap the rear seat and seat skins to the badlands for the leather and rear seat storage

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Banjor

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not a bad option, not quite the look I'm going for, but best of luck with it!
If you look closely you’ll see that you can customize every aspect of the Vivid Racing wheel upgrade. Materials, color, shape of the wheel, size, and more. The cost varies slightly depending on how much work and materials are involved. However $800 is about the minimum, and you have to shell out $1300 until you send them the core part of your old steering wheel (ouch!).

I want something close to this wheel that I had for my Subaru Outback. What a pleasure this was to hold.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/49507

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Steering wheel swaps are super easy - I did it on my 2013 Taurus Limited - it had a worn out ugly steering wheel with fake wood on top. I bought one from an SEL that was all leather. To release the airbag clips on that car, you stuck a screwdriver inside a hole on either side of the steering wheel, pushed on some spring clips, and the airbag module popped right out. Two electrical connectors, and then a large Torx bolt, and the wheel slid right off the shaft.

Make sure the connector on the clockspring doesn't rotate too much or you will break the ribbon connector internal to the clockspring.

I replaced the bolt for good measure with a new one, which came with Loctite already applied.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I am trying to find the right steering wheel for our Badlands.
I think it is this one:
M1PZ-3600-EA
However, I believe you can't buy a leather steering wheel without adaptive cruise control buttons, but we don't have adaptive.

Does this make any difference? Can I change out the button trim?

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I am trying to find the right steering wheel for our Badlands.
I think it is this one:
M1PZ-3600-EA
However, I believe you can't buy a leather steering wheel without adaptive cruise control buttons, but we don't have adaptive.

Does this make any difference? Can I change out the button trim?
https://www.tascaparts.com/v-2021-ford-bronco-sport--first-edition--2-0l-l4-gas/steering--steering-wheel
Just a quick google. But you should be able to. The adaptive cruise package I’d thought on all trims, was a stand alone. So you should be able to find a leather wheel without it.

Ford Bronco Sport Steering Wheel Upgrade? IMG_5217

OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you know if you have Adaptive CC? I just looked at my window sticker and do not see it listed anywhere. I have a 2023 BB. Entering my VIN says 3600-PA is the correct wheel but has adaptive CC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No go. I checked my steering wheel controls. I don't have the ACC button. However I do have co-pilot 360. The correct leather wheel for my BB is M1PZ-3600ca. Out the door at Tasca Parts $414.27 including tax and shipping.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’m pretty sure Ford Co-Pilot360 is standard. Here’s the features list of both:

Ford Co-Pilot360
• Auto High Beams
• BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
• Lane-Keeping System (Lane-Keeping Aid, Lane-Keeping Alert and Driver Alert System)
• Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support
• Post-Collision Braking

Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering
• Evasive Steering Assist
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation
• Speed Sign Recognition
NOTE: Adaptive Cruise Control with Speed Sign Recognition = Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control
Sponsored