OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Interesting. Am I to infer, if the AC outlet is drawing a small amount of voltage, it won't kick into auto-stop?
Sponsored

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
as someone else said, all makes are going toward this. my husband has had two other cars thar had their motors turn off at stops. so this feature isn't unfamiliar to me. I like that I'm not idling for long times when I'm at a stop.

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Interesting. Am I to infer, if the AC outlet is drawing a small amount of voltage, it won't kick into auto-stop?
Similar to the AC turned on. If the car needs to stay cool, the engine will start.

OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Similar to the AC turned on. If the car needs to stay cool, the engine will start.
The AC I can understand as it must take massive amounts of current to run the compressor to keep the cabin temp where it needs to be. Here in Florida, the AC is always on...so I've experienced cut off with the AC running full blast.

But a night light? I thought you were trying to say it was something specifically with the 110 plug.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It's a nice solution if one has the AC outlet in the back. Unfortunately, mine doesn't. Cheers!
You don't have an AC outlet on the back of your center console ?

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Nope. Just the 12V plug on the passenger side. And only the 2 USB (A & C) ports on the back of the console. Cheers!

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The AC I can understand as it must take massive amounts of current to run the compressor to keep the cabin temp where it needs to be. Here in Florida, the AC is always on...so I've experienced cut off with the AC running full blast.

But a night light? I thought you were trying to say it was something specifically with the 110 plug.
Well it is specific to the 110 plug in effect. If there's enough draw then the alternator must be turning so as not to deplete the battery running through the inverter.

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

You can still have cutoff with the AC running if the car "thinks" it's cool enough. If you sit there long enough, the engine will restart when the car begins to warm back up.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Last question....if I have a night light (led for low draw), can it still drain the battery if the car sits for a period of time without driving it?
Sponsored