rltotten

Big Bend
First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2018 Highlander, 2013 Victory
Just purchased 2023 BS Big Bend with a 1.5L. Going 79mph on the interstate to an appointment and the engine started sputtering and de-accelerating. I pushed the accelerator and the vehicle kept slowing down. A Low Oil pressure warning message popped up and the check engine light light illuminated plus the oil warning light illuminated as well. I pulled off the side of the road and turned off the engine. I restarted and got the vehicle up to 80-85mph when it happened again. I then drove it to the Ford dealership where I purchased and drive it into the Service bay. I told them what was happening and they said we do not take walk/drive in business. They said next available appointment is today Monday 3/11/24. I drove the vehicle to my appointment and was naturally a few minutes late. I then proceeded to dive the vehicle home and the most I could get was 55mph out of it. On an incline or a hill the vehicle would drop to 15-20mph! I only drove it a few miles prior to today's appointment and today I could only get 45mph out of it on the way to the Service appointment. This is very frustrating as I only have 3,600 miles on a new vehicle and didn't even make the first payment prior to this happening. Yes the engine oil level is correct. A consulted a friend who had the same issue with a Ford Escape with a 1.5L engine. It ended up being a high Pressure Fuel Pump. The irony is he traded his Escape for a Bronco Sport. I traded my 2020 Escape with no issues on my Bronco Sport. Frustrating to say the least. Anyone having the same problems or similar issues with their Bronco Sport? I'm waiting on the auto technician's diagnosis...
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Did you check the oil level? Driving your car with no/low oil is a good way to destroy the engine. Even if the dipstick shows there is enough oil in the sump, the low-pressure warning suggests something is preventing the oil pump from distributing oil around the engine. If it were my vehicle I would park it until I knew what the issue is.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Just purchased 2023 BS Big Bend with a 1.5L. Going 79mph on the interstate to an appointment and the engine started sputtering and de-accelerating. I pushed the accelerator and the vehicle kept slowing down. A Low Oil pressure warning message popped up and the check engine light light illuminated plus the oil warning light illuminated as well. I pulled off the side of the road and turned off the engine. I restarted and got the vehicle up to 80-85mph when it happened again. I then drove it to the Ford dealership where I purchased and drive it into the Service bay. I told them what was happening and they said we do not take walk/drive in business. They said next available appointment is today Monday 3/11/24. I drove the vehicle to my appointment and was naturally a few minutes late. I then proceeded to dive the vehicle home and the most I could get was 55mph out of it. On an incline or a hill the vehicle would drop to 15-20mph! I only drove it a few miles prior to today's appointment and today I could only get 45mph out of it on the way to the Service appointment. This is very frustrating as I only have 3,600 miles on a new vehicle and didn't even make the first payment prior to this happening. Yes the engine oil level is correct. A consulted a friend who had the same issue with a Ford Escape with a 1.5L engine. It ended up being a high Pressure Fuel Pump. The irony is he traded his Escape for a Bronco Sport. I traded my 2020 Escape with no issues on my Bronco Sport. Frustrating to say the least. Anyone having the same problems or similar issues with their Bronco Sport? I'm waiting on the auto technician's diagnosis...
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this sputtering concern? Thank you!

OP
OP

rltotten

Big Bend
First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
40CS010 Diagnosis ... long reply shortened Fuse 8 in battery junction box, found fuse failed. Replaced fuse. Cleared codes. Road test for 53 miles various speeds. I drove the vehicle home last night with no issues and today it is working fine. Per service manager and tech this fuse goes to multiple areas of the vehicle and it caused the vehicle to not go over certain speeds ... kinda self protecting mode it also caused the low oil pressure light to illuminate. To me too many sensors and electronics, too many things that could potentially fail. Time to go back to older technology? The common person no longer is able to work on their vehicle. I gave up on oil changes and let the mechanics perform this once simple task.

OP
OP

rltotten

Big Bend
First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FMC,

My VIN is 3FMCR9B6XPRE33727. Ken Garff in Cheyenne WY diagnosed and replaced Fuse 8 in the battery junction box. All seems to be working well since yesterday afternoon when I picked up the vehicle.
Thank You,
Randal Totten
Life Long Ford Owner

View attachment 46092

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
FMC,

My VIN is 3FMCR9B6XPRE33727. Ken Garff in Cheyenne WY diagnosed and replaced Fuse 8 in the battery junction box. All seems to be working well since yesterday afternoon when I picked up the vehicle.
Thank You,
Randal Totten
Life Long Ford Owner
The invoice pictured doesn't appear to be related to the issue you posted about.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
“Fuse 8 in battery junction box failed: fuse applies to multiple areas of the vehicle causing vehicle to not go over certain speeds ... kinda self protecting mode, throws codes, caused the low oil pressure light to illuminate, etc”

Ford Bronco Sport Sputtering and no acceleration 1710268633960-5c

I need a better link … this shows Not used for engine compartment Fuse 8.

https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-bronco-sport-2021-fuses

This link for 2023 also shows engine compartment Fuse 8 not used.

Last edited:
OP
OP

rltotten

Big Bend
First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“Fuse 8 in battery junction box failed: fuse applies to multiple areas of the vehicle causing vehicle to not go over certain speeds ... kinda self protecting mode, throws codes, caused the low oil pressure light to illuminate, etc”

Ford Bronco Sport Sputtering and no acceleration 1710268633960-5c

I need a better link … this shows Not used for engine compartment Fuse 8.

https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-bronco-sport-2021-fuses

This link for 2023 also shows engine compartment Fuse 8 not used.

Well isn't that interesting!!!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well isn't that interesting!!!
@rltotten Can you please post a pic of the dealerships invoice for the repair work? That might provide more info for the repair performed (btw the link you posted earlier in your post #6 does not work), clicking the link shows…

Ford Bronco Sport Sputtering and no acceleration 1710285692849-go

OP
OP

rltotten

Big Bend
First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to those that told me to crop my Repair Invoice!

Ford Bronco Sport Sputtering and no acceleration Cropped Invoice

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
< Repair Order attached >
Thanks, makes sense now … Fuse 8 referred to is a circuit breaker… GU5Z-14526-BAE Fuse Junction. Panel Assy - Fuse Junction. Circuit Breaker Assy. and the DTCs relate to the issues you listed in Post #1.

I don’t have the wiring diagram for the Bronco Sport so was unable to find where that circuit breaker is located

It seems unusual to me that this circuit breaker would trip (fail) but I’m just making a guess on that. Let’s hope it doesn’t occur again.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I like this technician. Very clear and detailed description of the work they did. And, they seem to have solved a very strange problem with an inexpensive part rather than a whole new engine.

@rltotten you probably should redact your personal info on the invoice...never know what unsavory types are reading these forums!

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I had similar issue with my 2013 Escape. I replaced the high pressure sensor and it did not fix the problem. I then replaced the low pressure sensor and it worked perfectly thereafter.
Sponsored