Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi all.

I went to drive my 2021 Big Bend this morning and as I was accelerating there was a whizzing noise, almost like wind. I have attached a video of me in reverse and going forward a little bit. It was in the negatives here in Massachusetts the past two days. When I drove it home from work last night at 4:30 there were no issues. Also there is a low tire pressure light on, but because of the cold temps I am not worried about it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am going to take it in to the FORD dealership tomorrow morning ASAP.

Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Does it change with engine RPM or with speed? Did you check to see if it's coming over the speakers?

OP
OP
Bass Fool

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
my speakers were off. and it was happening even at idle and not moving, just a slight "Wrrrr"

OP
OP
Bass Fool

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ok, I heard the noise changing in frequency. Does it change with RPM?
just changes when i press on the pedal. I took it in and they said it might be a fan issue, it stopped when we shut the air off inside the car. I will let everyone know what they found once i get it back probably tomorrow. thanks,

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Slowly Bass Fools friends sneak away after having installed a tiny gerbil turbo in his engine over night….

Ford Bronco Sport HELP! Weird acceleration sound 8716AA2B-B41A-4266-B5EE-8D961F515C2B

OP
OP
Bass Fool

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Slowly Bass Fools friends sneak away after having installed a tiny gerbil turbo in his engine over night….

Ford Bronco Sport HELP! Weird acceleration sound 8716AA2B-B41A-4266-B5EE-8D961F515C2B
LOL. Come to think of it I did see some little seeds when I opened up my engine on Sunday...

OP
OP
Bass Fool

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Is it the gerbil?
Ya know... it might be. i wonder if Ford installed themselves, get some cheap gerbil labor with high RPM output mentioned above, not a bad idea.
Sponsored