DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
I tried the Sport driving mode today with my Badlands for the first time today. Not sure what is normal but it didn't feel right. I was in the local neighborhood starting from a stop. While in Sport mode and trying to accelerate the RPM's would get to almost 3000 before switching to the next gear. The engine was really reving. I didn't want to push the car any further so I got out of Sport Mode. This didn't seem normal to me but I don't know. I realize sport mode would change the shift points but I thought it would be slight changes that would have been more subtle.
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I tried the Sport driving mode today with my Badlands for the first time today. Not sure what is normal but it didn't feel right. I was in the local neighborhood starting from a stop. While in Sport mode and trying to accelerate the RPM's would get to almost 3000 before switching to the next gear. The engine was really reving. I didn't want to push the car any further so I got out of Sport Mode. This didn't seem normal to me but I don't know. I realize sport mode would change the shift points but I thought it would be slight changes that would have been more subtle.
Yes David itā€™s normal to hang around 3000 rpm. Redline is at 6500 rpm so no need to worry. In Sport Mode

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Thank you.
Your Welcome, Ya itā€™s pretty aggressive but to me it doesnā€™t go overboard if ya know what I mean. Any other questions donā€™t hesitate to ask bud.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Perfectly normal.

I always pop it into sport mode when I need good throttle response, which is essentially what you're getting with it, on top of holding the rpms deeper towards redline.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
IMO i'm not a fan of the Sport Mode compared to Pedal Max which really improves Throttle Response and doesn't hang in the lower gears and higher RPM like Sport Mode!! And i hope i hear no complaints about me bringing up the Pedal Max since i think it applies in this Thread!!

Paradocks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
Sport Mode is great for quicker off the line response when you want extra power. I only use it occasionally on my Tucson however since it tends to negatively impact gas mileage, but it sure can be fun! I assume Eco mode is the exact opposite and prioritizes fuel economy over performance.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I tried the Sport driving mode today with my Badlands for the first time today. Not sure what is normal but it didn't feel right.
Your owner's manual is always a good place to start if you have concerns about the way your vehicle operates. Here's what your manual says about SPORT mode:

Ford Bronco Sport Sport Driving Mode Question? 1711109998567-jh

Aside from increasing throttle response, the system keeps the transmission in a lower gear until the engine gets to a higher RPM. This allows the engine to develop more horsepower to increase acceleration performance. In other words, your car's behavior is perfectly normal, er, sporty... You know what I mean!

Bronco III

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I drive a section of road that has a few long, steep sections with a 55mph speed limit. My OB does not have paddle shifters, so I usually drive this section in Sport mode because the higher shift points also keep the car in a lower gear while driving downhill, so I donā€™t need to brake to control the speed.

FBSBB

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Yep. I love it when I'm in hilly or curvy areas. Fun. But definitely feels revved.

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
Sport mode is a blast and a half in the Mustang !

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still getting used to how the Bronco Sport works and what is normal. I am coming from a 20 Escape that has the same driving mode features including Sport Mode but is a very different vehicle. While the Escape did take longer to shift in to the next gears and the RPM's increased more before shifting I do not recall it reving so high before shifting like the Bronco does so it just didn't feel right to me. I am happy this forum is so full of knowledgable people that I can come to with questions. I really appreciate everyone on this forum.

Boondocks2Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Sport Mode is great for quicker off the line response when you want extra power. I only use it occasionally on my Tucson however since it tends to negatively impact gas mileage, but it sure can be fun! I assume Eco mode is the exact opposite and prioritizes fuel economy over performance.
I literally just jumped from a post where you got called on this to here.... Perfect šŸ˜† šŸ¤£

Sandman

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Sport
Sport mode stays in a lower gear longer and does not go into overdrive gear to keep it peppy.
Sponsored