Special Field Action 22L05 Outraged!!!! .........NOT!!!!!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
What really hurts is how I've been driving my BS for a year and a half not knowing that I was missing critical info on the emissions sticker under my hood!!
Ford Bronco Sport Special Field Action 22L05 Outraged!!!! .........NOT!!!!! IMG_0216
You probably didn't notice it was missing because of that nice engine cover.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Haven't gotten a new sticker yet -- now I'm afraid to drive my Sport, expecting a visit from CARB (Calif Air Resources Board) at any moment to haul me away for my lawless ways.
I can't believe CARB hasn't updated their name! CARB is so 60's. It should be F. U. E. L. F#@king Useless Environmental Losers. 😁

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It's the over-regulated government environment all manufacturers must live in. It would be interesting to know just how much of the cost of a vehicle is to cover EPA and other regulations.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I placed it under the hood of my 67 Camaro. Lost a few HP.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
I got a letter from Ford today explaining that I need to apply a new Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Label (included in the letter) under the hood of my BS. It turns out that the label that was originally put on is missing two acronyms. After looking under the hood I found that both EGR and EGRC are the missing items from the original label. How could Ford let this happen?!?! I feel like my vehicle is unsafe now and I risk every kind of failure under the sun. What a death trap!!! OH WHAT SHALL I DOOO!!!??? We're DOOMED!!!! DOOMED I SAY!!! Thank goodness I have a Subaru dealer a half mile from my house!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 :bow: Ok, I'm totally acting but wondering if anyone else got this recently.

Ford Bronco Sport Special Field Action 22L05 Outraged!!!! .........NOT!!!!! IMG_0214 2
Got mine, too.
I got a letter from Ford today explaining that I need to apply a new Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Label (included in the letter) under the hood of my BS. It turns out that the label that was originally put on is missing two acronyms. After looking under the hood I found that both EGR and EGRC are the missing items from the original label. How could Ford let this happen?!?! I feel like my vehicle is unsafe now and I risk every kind of failure under the sun. What a death trap!!! OH WHAT SHALL I DOOO!!!??? We're DOOMED!!!! DOOMED I SAY!!! Thank goodness I have a Subaru dealer a half mile from my house!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 :bow: Ok, I'm totally acting but wondering if anyone else got this recently.

Ford Bronco Sport Special Field Action 22L05 Outraged!!!! .........NOT!!!!! IMG_0214 2

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine a week ago as well as a notice on Fordpass. Installing today, expecting significant HP gains while saving a couple of spotted owls.
Got mine,too. Once installed it's like growing boobs after drinking a Bud Lite. What a difference!!!!!

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the letter, but it didn't have any stickers. Threw it away.
My sticker is still on the counter. I'd be happy to send it to you. I wonder how much Ford pays the dealer to install.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I got the letter, but it didn't have any stickers. Threw it away.
I would be pissed off on the phone with Ford if my sticker was missing... they would here it from me... totally unacceptable....

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Now that I'm a ford mechanic, and have adhesive training, shouldn't I get a cap or something?
Bronco swag?

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Received mine in the mail today, I think I'll leave it in the envelope, sort of an emmissions delete type of thing, lol.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Is this just targeted for 2021 and 2022? In looking at those who received one, it appears that way. I haven't looked at the underside of my hood (2023) to see if it has the dreaded sticker.

I'm still sleeping at night though.
Sponsored