BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone mounting their spare outside of the BS?
Sponsored

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I saw a picture of someone having their spare on the exterior, but it was mounted to the trailer hitch.

crexmond

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I dig that tire carrier. Hope someone here has a personal experience with it.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I don’t have experience with this one, but it looks well made and thought out. Might be worth looking at? Their Instagram has links to their page.

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
I did mount the spare on my roof, which opens the space under the cargo floor liner for stuff, as well as move the liner to the lower slot (I have the 'full size' spare, so the floor liner was in the upper slot)

Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire mount? 1630675471329

hmanuel832

Badlands
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I did mount the spare on my roof, which opens the space under the cargo floor liner for stuff, as well as move the liner to the lower slot (I have the 'full size' spare, so the floor liner was in the upper slot)

Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire mount? 1630675471329
By any chance do you have the links to all the products you used on the roof? And do you have a moonroof? If so how is the clearance between the rack and the moonroof?

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
If the door swung then it could have been attached. Didn’t Vivid Racing have a custom tire carrier off of the bumper hitch? It doesn’t look to hard to fabricate if it’s single purpose. The articulating knuckle would be the most time consuming. in a pinch you could get a rear hitch tray For a short term solution

NJBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Question: Does it block the rear camera with this hitch swing spare tire set up? If it does that's a deal breaker...... I see the plate moved to the side which is good to see.

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
OK, I gotta ask! I'm an old off-roader, Nevada desert in a VW buggy! Don't do that no more (too old), but even then we didn't carry a spare tire. So what is the reason for putting your spare out back, or on the roof? Out back blocks the rear camera and part of the rear window view (which is already a bit small), and on top reduces highway gas mileage. Is it for the extra storage in the spare tire bay, or for 2 spares? I could definitely see a rear carrier for 1 or 2 jerrycans of fuel, but not to just make my Sport look like an old jeep! So, help me out, WHY an outside spare carrier?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If the door swung then it could have been attached. Didn’t Vivid Racing have a custom tire carrier off of the bumper hitch? It doesn’t look to hard to fabricate if it’s single purpose. The articulating knuckle would be the most time consuming. in a pinch you could get a rear hitch tray For a short term solution
Question: Does it block the rear camera with this hitch swing spare tire set up? If it does that's a deal breaker...... I see the plate moved to the side which is good to see.
All swing away spare carriers that came out so far block the rear camera.
Sponsored