Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Did anyone who removed the foam take a picture? Thinking about building a drawer or sliding load floor over the spare tire area. Wondering if there’s anything good below the foam to attach to, or if I’d have to put holes through the side plastics/use the tie down points.
Sponsored

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Snacks.. booze.. synonymous?
Well...I reckon you're right.
Snack is not matter phase specific.
Well played sir.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Nothing too interesting under the foam besides a wire that I think goes to the differential. Very small studs to hold the foam trays. Thought I took a pic with the insulation out, but it wasn’t obscuring anything but seam sealer and plugged holes. I’m thinking I’ll attach to the tie down loops.
Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. 3B108ED2-EEC5-4D8E-81ED-BA089383E528

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. B038A518-E781-40FC-9427-156E27A69986

ctothejdot

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Super interested in your drawer setup - and what you're thinking. Have been thinking about this too, but not sure it'll work with needing access to the spare.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Super interested in your drawer setup - and what you're thinking. Have been thinking about this too, but not sure it'll work with needing access to the spare.
My idea is to mount the cargo floor on slides, the spare could be taken out over the folded down back seat and out a rear door. Even if I’ve got stuff on the back of the rear seats, it’s less to unload half of that than the whole rear area.

Another option I’m considering is to put a water tank under the floor and mount the spare on the roof.

ctothejdot

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
My idea is to mount the cargo floor on slides, the spare could be taken out over the folded down back seat and out a rear door. Even if I’ve got stuff on the back of the rear seats, it’s less to unload half of that than the whole rear area.

Another option I’m considering is to put a water tank under the floor and mount the spare on the roof.
I've thought of the water tank under the floor and mounting the spare on a swing-away at the back.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Yeah, I would do hitch swing away if I didn’t have a hitch bike rack I use all the time.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
This might be a dumb question, but when you raise the floor mat, how do you get it to stay level, or is it supposed to slope down towards the hatch? I raised mine up and can't for the life of me get it to stay level w/o dropping down but maybe it's always been that way.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
I realized today the circular cutout just left of the spare is for the locking lug socket.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
This might be a dumb question, but when you raise the floor mat, how do you get it to stay level, or is it supposed to slope down towards the hatch? I raised mine up and can't for the life of me get it to stay level w/o dropping down but maybe it's always been that way.
Are you above the second notch by the back seats? Haven’t tried mine without the tire, but I believe the notch holds the forward edge, and the rear edge rests on the ridge either side of the door latch. Crudely circled in red on OP’s photo.

Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. EA5A6DDD-BE32-46C8-8721-D38D02E3B6A6

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
This is where front corner goes with full size spare. It won’t slide forward enough to drop off the ridge by the latch.
Ford Bronco Sport Spare Tire Foam Tray uses. 0C4A3257-E987-43A5-8079-7F931F96E14A

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
@Maxwellian This post shows the issue. The cover would slide forward towards the back seat and fall down, resulting in a sloping trunk. It's level now, I've just got to pay attention when shifting cargo around. Maybe the full-size spare makes this less of an issue?

I prefer the raised position so I have more width, otherwise my storage crates bump into the forward ridges which are 'exposed' at the lower height. Since this arrangement is so finicky, I don't plan to use the foam tray for storage besides the spare tire kit.
Sponsored