So,, are dealerships not getting BSs now?

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
I am wondering if they have completely stopped shipping new Bronco Sports (and other models) to dealerships as a result of the chips.

a salesman told us they “have no clue what new vehicles will arrive on trucks” I have to call BS BS on that :)
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
It takes at least a month for built vehicles to go from factory to dealer.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Well the assembly plant in Mexico just started up again this week after being shut down for two weeks. So it’s really going to dry up soon. They just announced that they’re shutting down again the last two weeks of June as well.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
A friend of mine really liked my BS and started calling around to dealers to see what they have and what they're getting. Just about every dealer has told him if he really wants one he should just put in an order...and expect a MY '22 BS.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A friend of mine really liked my BS and started calling around to dealers to see what they have and what they're getting. Just about every dealer has told him if he really wants one he should just put in an order...and expect a MY '22 BS.
I am watching autotrader and cargurus numbers on the exact model we want and they are dropping. We can’t afford one until we sell her edge. So it’s looking like it may be better to just order when that happens.

Reactions: Jrl

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am watching autotrader and cargurus numbers on the exact model we want and they are dropping. We can’t afford one until we sell her edge. So it’s looking like it may be better to just order when that happens.
The price for used vehicles is crazy. If you can track one down it may be fiscally beneficial

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
a salesman told us they “have no clue what new vehicles will arrive on trucks” I have to call BS BS on that :)
They have a Visibility Report for every unit that the dealer has ordered. They have a very good idea when the units are coming in at least for the ones that have been built or the ones that have a near term production date. Find another dealer.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The price for used vehicles is crazy. If you can track one down it may be fiscally beneficial
yep, that’s going to help sell the edge. Just have to get Ford to figure out why it does this weird thing when we start it periodically. It turns over a bunch of times and doesn’t start, then starts right away when we turn the key off and back on. Can’t sell it like that. Pretty sure it’s a fuel pump or filter.

I was referring to the numbers of new Broncos on the sites. There were 16 within 500 miles yesterday. I’m hopeful they can fix the edge when we take it in on June 10th and there will still be a couple BSs around.

otherwise, it may require us to order one. I did this with my 21 wrangler and it took four months from order to delivery.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
The '22 ordering is not open yet and you can no longer order a Badlands for the rest of '21 model year. But the lower trim models can be ordered without sunroofs now Ford will accept those orders. Usually 4 or more month wait maybe longer. If you order now might comes in as a '21 or a '22 depends when they can get it built.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
The '22 ordering is not open yet and you can no longer order a Badlands for the rest of '21 model year. But the lower trim models can be ordered without sunroofs now Ford will accept those orders. Usually 4 or more month wait maybe longer. If you order now might comes in as a '21 or a '22 depends when they can get it built.
Dealer closest to his house basically told him he could spec out the car like he wants it, the dealer will hold onto the order sheet and submit it as soon as the order books reopen. Of course with a new MY there is a chance some items might change, so they won't take a deposit on the car until they officially submit it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Dealer closest to his house basically told him he could spec out the car like he wants it, the dealer will hold onto the order sheet and submit it as soon as the order books reopen. Of course with a new MY there is a chance some items might change, so they won't take a deposit on the car until they officially submit it.
If he does not want a Badlands and does not want a sunroof then an order can be placed for the other trims without sun roof. This is per the Order Guide Ford published early May.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have a Visibility Report for every unit that the dealer has ordered. They have a very good idea when the units are coming in at least for the ones that have been built or the ones that have a near term production date. Find another dealer.
That’s what I figured
Sponsored